WHAT MAKES US EPIC?
At the core of Epic’s success are talented, passionate people. Epic prides itself on creating a collaborative, welcoming, and creative environment. Whether it’s building award-winning games or crafting engine technology that enables others to make visually stunning interactive experiences, we’re always innovating.
Being Epic means being a part of a team that continually strives to do right by our community and users. We’re constantly innovating to raise the bar of engine and game development.
Engineering at Epic
What we do
Fortnite and Unreal Engine are leading the world of online entertainment through innovation in experiences and events. Games, concerts, movies, and giant world-eating villains are just some of the experiences we’ve delivered so far. As engineers, we build the tools and technology that allows the team to dream up and deliver new possibilities.
What you’ll do
As part of the Fortnite Creative Team you’ll be working on an ambitious new project that changes how experiences are built and delivered in Fortnite.
You’ll lead a group of engineers working on expanding and refining the technology used to deliver Concerts and Events in Fortnite. These features and tools are used by artists to build and deliver interactive experiences in Fornite to millions of people simultaneously.
Most importantly you’ll work with a creative, energetic, and fun team to continue making Fortnite one of the most popular and engaging gaming experiences in the world!
In this role, you will
- Be a vision holder for delivering features and tools for events that range from thousands to millions of players.
- Provide daily leadership to engineers, designers, and QA analysts working on interactive experiences in Fortnite Creative.
- Own the architecture and implementation of in-game tools and their place in the Fortnite Creative ecosystem.
- Partner with our design and community teams to Identify shortcomings in our tools and drive the design and implementation of improvements.
- Build and maintain bridges with other stakeholders
What we’re looking for
- 4+ Years experience leading and architecting development of robust systems for AAA games and/or game engine technology
- Passion for building and maintaining user-facing features
- Experience collaborating with other teams to develop and deliver large projects
- Excellent C++ skills and software engineering principles
- User-focused, passionate, scrappy, solutions-oriented, and innovative - These traits equal success at Epic and influence everything we do.
Like what you hear? Be a part of something Epic!
Epic Games spans across 12 countries with 32 studios and 3,000+ employees globally. For over 25 years, we’ve been making award-winning games and engine technology that empowers others to make visually stunning games and 3D content that bring environments to life like never before. Epic’s award-winning Unreal Engine technology not only provides game developers the ability to build high-fidelity, interactive experiences for PC, console, mobile, and VR, it is also a tool being embraced by content creators across a variety of industries such as media and entertainment, automotive, and architectural design. As we continue to build our Engine technology and develop remarkable games, we strive to build teams of world-class talent.
Like what you hear? Come be a part of something Epic!
Epic Games deeply values diverse teams and an inclusive work culture, and we are proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer. Learn more about our Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Policy here.