WHAT MAKES US EPIC?
At the core of Epic’s success are talented, passionate people. Epic prides itself on creating a collaborative, welcoming, and creative environment. Whether it’s building award-winning games or crafting engine technology that enables others to make visually stunning interactive experiences, we’re always innovating.
Being Epic means being a part of a team that continually strives to do right by our community and users. We’re constantly innovating to raise the bar of engine and game development.
Epic is seeking a Senior Big Data Platform Architect to help manage our big data batch platform infrastructure.
You'll take responsibility for defining, running and optimising our batch hardware running across several AWS EMR clusters.
- Supporting and augmenting our production and development Hadoop clusters
- Define, improve and bake our custom Hadoop implementation
- Maintain and extend our Hive metastore as necessary
- Managing resource utilization across competing business priorities
- Monitoring and tuning cluster performance
- Identifying opportunities to leverage components of the Hadoop ecosystems which are not yet part of our architecture
- Ensuring a high level of security and auditing around our private and sensitive data
- Providing after-hours and weekend support for routine maintenance as well as troubleshooting outages
- Remaining current on the latest Hadoop and distributed computing technologies
- Experience using Apache Bigtop
- Deep knowledge of the low level workings of different big data execution engines: Spark, Tez, Hive, Trino/Presto
- Experience in performance tuning of auto scaling Hadoop clusters, Spark routines and Map/Reduce jobs
- Experience in security aspects of Hadoop and Linux such as File based ACLs, Kerberos, Ranger, and encryption
- Experience in independently performing root cause analysis of issues and presenting mitigation recommendations
- Experience in at least one scripting language (example bash, Perl etc.)
- Experience in debugging issues related to Java or Python applications
- Deep understanding of different storage/table formats and how they integrate with big data engines, e.g. Parquet, ORC, Iceberg
This is going to be Epic!
Epic Games spans across 12 countries with 32 studios and 3,000+ employees globally. For over 25 years, we’ve been making award-winning games and engine technology that empowers others to make visually stunning games and 3D content that bring environments to life like never before. Epic’s award-winning Unreal Engine technology not only provides game developers the ability to build high-fidelity, interactive experiences for PC, console, mobile, and VR, it is also a tool being embraced by content creators across a variety of industries such as media and entertainment, automotive, and architectural design. As we continue to build our Engine technology and develop remarkable games, we strive to build teams of world-class talent.
Like what you hear? Come be a part of something Epic!
Epic Games deeply values diverse teams and an inclusive work culture, and we are proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer. Learn more about our Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Policy here.