WHAT MAKES US EPIC?
At the core of Epic’s success are talented, passionate people. Epic prides itself on creating a collaborative, welcoming, and creative environment. Whether it’s building award-winning games or crafting engine technology that enables others to make visually stunning interactive experiences, we’re always innovating.
Being Epic means being a part of a team that continually strives to do right by our community and users. We’re constantly innovating to raise the bar of engine and game development.
Engineering at Epic
What we do
Unreal projects have been leading the pack of real-time entertainment with our constantly growing team of engineering experts. We’re always improving on the tools and technology that empower content developers worldwide. Building new game experiences requires both content and code, and we’re working on tools for both.
What you’ll do
As a Senior Visual Language Programmer at Epic Games, you will be at the center of our mission to enable the next generation of game developers. We are looking for someone with an interest and love for Programming and UX to help develop a visual editor for a new programming language to be used in coding future game experiences at metaverse scale! This visual language is intended to be accessible by both new and expert Unreal users.
In this role, you will
- Design and implement interaction schemes for visual programming
- Build out and maintain an IDE in which the visual code can be edited
- Integrate the visual language into Unreal Engine at various levels
- Work closely with visual language users to ensure an exceptional user experience
- Fix bugs and maintain the code base
What we’re looking for
- Proficiency in C++
- Strong UX comprehension and problem solving skills
- Well-versed in software engineering principles
- Experience developing in a large codebase at a fast pace, making trade-offs between usability, performance, and power
- Demonstrated ability to communicate fluently in English (written and verbal)
Nice to have
- Experience working with the Unreal Engine
- Familiarity and experience with gameplay scripting
- Familiarity with an existing game engine with an understanding of game engine and editor concepts
- Experience working with Blueprint or other visual languages
- Experience in language compiler and tool chain development
Epic Games spans across 12 countries with 32 studios and 3,000+ employees globally. For over 25 years, we’ve been making award-winning games and engine technology that empowers others to make visually stunning games and 3D content that bring environments to life like never before. Epic’s award-winning Unreal Engine technology not only provides game developers the ability to build high-fidelity, interactive experiences for PC, console, mobile, and VR, it is also a tool being embraced by content creators across a variety of industries such as media and entertainment, automotive, and architectural design. As we continue to build our Engine technology and develop remarkable games, we strive to build teams of world-class talent.
Like what you hear? Come be a part of something Epic!
Epic Games deeply values diverse teams and an inclusive work culture, and we are proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer. Learn more about our Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Policy here.