WHAT MAKES US EPIC?
At the core of Epic’s success are talented, passionate people. Epic prides itself on creating a collaborative, welcoming, and creative environment. Whether it’s building award-winning games or crafting engine technology that enables others to make visually stunning interactive experiences, we’re always innovating.
Being Epic means being a part of a team that continually strives to do right by our community and users. We’re constantly innovating to raise the bar of engine and game development.
UI Programmer Internship - Fortnite
Epic Games is on the lookout for smart, dynamic interns to join our dev teams. When you join Epic you'll join a team that's pushing the limits of gaming and interactive. From Unreal Engine and Fortnite, to TwinMotion and the Epic Games Store, you'll contribute to the unrelenting focus on innovation, quality and community that defines us.
Epic Games Fortnite UI Team is looking for a creative UI Programmer Intern to join them in 2022. Our Interns are given challenging projects over the work term, and are provided with a meaningful experience with high expectations for performance.
We will provide a meaningful experience with high expectations for performance. If you want to build something Epic, this is the opportunity for you!
- Help ensure Fortnite’s front-end experiences are maintained and updated with new features
- Work on deep-level systems and UI feature development both inside and outside of core gameplay
- Dive into things like Social Features, Challenges, Battle Pass, Lobby, and Store
- Collaborate with UX designers to ensure UI features are next level
- Be accountable for features after shipping, including general bug fixes and iteration
- Github or website showcasing C++ game or application is a must
- Significant programming experience C++ through school work or outside activities
- Solid understanding of Data Structures
- Projects building user interfaces for games
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Top candidate will have experience working with Unreal Engine and UMG
This is a remote, paid internship for 2022 with a flexible start date. Recruitment will be ongoing until teams find an ideal match. For more information about Epic Internships, visit Epicgames.com/students.
This is going to be Epic!
Epic Games spans across 12 countries with 32 studios and 3,000+ employees globally. For over 25 years, we’ve been making award-winning games and engine technology that empowers others to make visually stunning games and 3D content that bring environments to life like never before. Epic’s award-winning Unreal Engine technology not only provides game developers the ability to build high-fidelity, interactive experiences for PC, console, mobile, and VR, it is also a tool being embraced by content creators across a variety of industries such as media and entertainment, automotive, and architectural design. As we continue to build our Engine technology and develop remarkable games, we strive to build teams of world-class talent.
Like what you hear? Come be a part of something Epic!
Epic Games deeply values diverse teams and an inclusive work culture, and we are proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer. Learn more about our Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Policy here.