WHAT MAKES US EPIC?
At the core of Epic’s success are talented, passionate people. Epic prides itself on creating a collaborative, welcoming, and creative environment. Whether it’s building award-winning games or crafting engine technology that enables others to make visually stunning interactive experiences, we’re always innovating.
Being Epic means being a part of a team that continually strives to do right by our community and users. We’re constantly innovating to raise the bar of engine and game development.
Technical Animation Internship - MetaHuman Creator
Epic Games is on the lookout for smart, dynamic interns to join our dev teams. When you join Epic you'll join a team that's pushing the limits of gaming and interactive. From Unreal Engine and Fortnite, to TwinMotion and the Epic Games Store, you'll contribute to the unrelenting focus on innovation, quality and community that defines us.
Epic Games Metahuman Creator team is looking for a creative Technical Animation Intern to join them in May 2022. MetaHuman Creator is a free cloud-based app that empowers anyone to create photorealistic digital humans, complete with hair and clothing, in minutes. A successful candidate will have the opportunity to work directly on our new Unreal Engine tool for creating high-fidelity fully rigged digital humans, alongside some of the world's leading artists.
Our Interns are given challenging projects over the work term, and are provided with a meaningful experience with high expectations for performance. If you want to build something Epic, this is the opportunity for you!
- Help create and maintain Rigs and Simulation for Unreal Engine Metahumans
- Set up assets in Unreal Engine; including cloth, physics, blueprints
- Work alongside Epic’s Artists and Animators to solve problems and deliver high quality rigs
- Work closely with several mentors to develop and grow as a Technical Animator
- Must provide a strong demo reel that demonstrates knowledge of fundamental rigging principles
- Well versed with rigging assets in Maya and comfortable using Unreal Engine
- Experience with Blueprints
- Understanding of Simulation Systems in engine (Cloth, Physics, Anim Dynamics)
- Attention to aesthetic detail, especially with regards to character deformation and physics movement
- Positive individual with strong written communication and teamwork skills
- Passion for game development and Epic Games products
This is a remote, paid internship starting in May 2022. Recruitment will be ongoing until teams find an ideal match. For more information about Epic Internships, visit Epicgames.com/students.
This is going to be Epic!
Epic Games spans across 12 countries with 32 studios and 3,000+ employees globally. For over 25 years, we’ve been making award-winning games and engine technology that empowers others to make visually stunning games and 3D content that bring environments to life like never before. Epic’s award-winning Unreal Engine technology not only provides game developers the ability to build high-fidelity, interactive experiences for PC, console, mobile, and VR, it is also a tool being embraced by content creators across a variety of industries such as media and entertainment, automotive, and architectural design. As we continue to build our Engine technology and develop remarkable games, we strive to build teams of world-class talent.
Like what you hear? Come be a part of something Epic!
Epic Games deeply values diverse teams and an inclusive work culture, and we are proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer. Learn more about our Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Policy here.