WHAT MAKES US EPIC?
At the core of Epic’s success are talented, passionate people. Epic prides itself on creating a collaborative, welcoming, and creative environment. Whether it’s building award-winning games or crafting engine technology that enables others to make visually stunning interactive experiences, we’re always innovating.
Being Epic means being a part of a team that continually strives to do right by our community and users. We’re constantly innovating to raise the bar of engine and game development.
Epic Games Unreal Engine Rendering Features Team is looking for a smart, creative Rendering Programmer Intern to join us in 2022. Our interns are given challenging projects over the work term, and are provided with a meaningful experience with high expectations for performance. If you want to build something Epic, this is the opportunity for you!
The Rendering Features Team is responsible for driving the enhancements and new graphics features of Unreal Engine as well as continuous improvements to graphics quality. We regularly publish novel research in the field and are at the forefront of advancements in real-time graphics. You will work directly with the industry veterans and your work will reach hundreds of the engine licensees in various industries.
- Working closely with the Unreal Engine Rendering team, contributing innovative and original ideas towards all aspects of graphics rendering development
- Enhancing and maintaining the graphics of Unreal Engine
- Working on a variety of rendering areas such as material and lighting improvements, geometry, and post processing.
- Working closely with artists to iterate on features based on their feedback
- Advanced Degree in CS, Game Development, or related field with focus on rendering or image synthesis
- Demonstrable strength in C++
- In-depth experience with real-time rendering
- Knowledge and application of 3D math, rendering algorithms, and data structures
- Experience with writing shaders and using graphics API like DirectX or Vulkan
- Performance minded development and optimization skills
- Strong communication and follow-through working with others to develop and iterate on features/tools
- Examples of projects in computer graphics or game engine technology
This is a remote, paid internship for 2022 with a flexible start date. Recruitment will be ongoing until teams find an ideal match. For more information about Epic Internships, visit Epicgames.com/students.
This is going to be Epic!
Epic Games spans across 12 countries with 32 studios and 3,000+ employees globally. For over 25 years, we’ve been making award-winning games and engine technology that empowers others to make visually stunning games and 3D content that bring environments to life like never before. Epic’s award-winning Unreal Engine technology not only provides game developers the ability to build high-fidelity, interactive experiences for PC, console, mobile, and VR, it is also a tool being embraced by content creators across a variety of industries such as media and entertainment, automotive, and architectural design. As we continue to build our Engine technology and develop remarkable games, we strive to build teams of world-class talent.
Like what you hear? Come be a part of something Epic!
Epic Games deeply values diverse teams and an inclusive work culture, and we are proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer. Learn more about our Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Policy here.