We’re on a mission to create a world where every body is a canvas for limitless self-expression. In 2021, after 6 years of research and development, we launched the world’s first and only made-to-fade tattoo that lasts a year. With our technology and our experiential Ephemeral Studios, we are making it possible for anyone to wear a tattoo that changes as they change. Read more about us in Bloomberg, Forbes, Vogue or The Cut.
Despite being a 12,000 year old consumer category, tattooing has seen little innovation, while continuing to be held back by stigma and permanence. At Ephemeral, we see tattoos as an empowering, beautiful and creative way to express your identity. We dream of a day when tattoos become the number one form of global self-expression.
We are looking for teammates that share this passion and are excited by the prospect of building without a playbook, are undaunted by big audacious ideas and are committed to teamwork.
Why You’ll Love Working at Ephemeral
We are creative – We see problems as opportunities for innovation, love when playbooks don’t exist and push the boundaries of what’s possible.
We are owners - Leadership is expected at every level at Ephemeral, during good and bad times.
We are caring - Our priority is the physical and mental well being of our customers and teams. We work to earn trust by taking care of them in every interaction.
About the Team
Ephemeral’s Production team is responsible for optimization and manufacturing of the innovative “made to fade” tattoo ink while ensuring the quality standards are being met. The team also focuses on the process development, and manufacturing scale up of the existing and numerous other products in the pipeline.
About the Role
We are looking for a production engineer to contribute to the day-to-day operation of manufacturing the next generation tattoo ink. Our ideal candidate is an engineer who has experience leading and contributing to the low to medium volume manufacturing environment in chemical/cosmetics/pharmaceutical industries.
You’re excited about this opportunity because you will…
- Champion engineering excellence and drive continuous operational improvement (optimize manufacturing processes and optimize workflows for cost, quality, & productivity).
- Be a communicative and strong technical leader who rolls up the sleeves to solve problems.
- Partner closely with the Engineering design & fabrication team to create a custom solution for optimizing the manufacturing process & product yield.
- Work closely with the R&D team on scaling the production of new products from lab to pilot to mass.
We’re excited about you because…
- 1+ years of experience in low to medium volume manufacturing environment in chemical/cosmetics/pharmaceutical industries.
- BS/MS degree in Chemical/Mechanical Engineering
- Track record of problem-solving and troubleshooting skills
- Meticulous attention to detail and a continuous improvement focus
- Results oriented, self-motivated, and organized work ethic.
- Excellent communication (verbal and written) skills
Nice to Haves
- R&D experience in polymer chemistry/material science
- Experience working in micro/nano particle fabrication