We’re on a mission to create a world where every body is a canvas for limitless self-expression. In 2021, after 6 years of research and development, we launched the world’s first and only made-to-fade tattoo that lasts a year. With our technology and our experiential Ephemeral Studios, we are making it possible for anyone to wear a tattoo that changes as they change. Read more about us in Bloomberg, Forbes, Vogue or The Cut.
Despite being a 12,000 year old consumer category, tattooing has seen little innovation, while continuing to be held back by stigma and permanence. At Ephemeral, we see tattoos as an empowering, beautiful and creative way to express your identity. We dream of a day when tattoos become the number one form of global self-expression.
We are looking for teammates that share this passion and are excited by the prospect of building without a playbook, are undaunted by big audacious ideas and are committed to teamwork.
Why You'll Love Working at Ephemeral
We are creative – We see problems as opportunities for innovation, love when playbooks don’t exist and push the boundaries of what’s possible.
We are owners - Leadership is expected at every level at Ephemeral, during good and bad times.
We are caring - Our priority is the physical and mental well being of our customers and teams. We work to earn trust by taking care of them in every interaction.
About the Team
The Brand and Content Marketing team are brand-obsessed creatives. A collective of freelancers, full and part time and boutique agencies all with the goal to embody the epitome of self expression. Through original photography and video, social media, digital innovation, events, partnerships and collaborations we work together to build an authentic community and inspire others. Whether freelancer or full-time, everyone is a member of the team. Rethinking the traditional creative org, we don’t believe in unicorns, we believe in specialists—coming together, with a seat at the table. We encourage voices to be heard and healthy disagreement. No idea is too big or too weird. We should be evolving with the brand. Most importantly, let’s make stuff happen.
About the Role
As Ephemeral’s Copywriter you appreciate written education and possess a smart writing style that’s concise and clear, but can be clever, artful and relevant at the same time. How do we make marketing copy editorial and editorial copy human? This role is passionate about telling stories and bringing ideas to life in new and inspiring ways. It requires comfort working across social and digital platforms, executing marketing campaigns and leadership chops that will contribute to the evolution of our brand voice.
You’re excited about this opportunity because you will…
- Lead and write creative copy, both short and long-form, across web, mobile, social media, video, activations, events and some print.
- Concept new copy ideas around the notion of self expression or all things Ephemeral.
- Communicate complicated science and processes in clear, concise ways to a customer.
- Actively conduct research in the tattoo industry or parallels like design, art and fashion.
- Be strategically minded, providing a range of options for testing copy and creative — Embracing brand strategy, data and metrics that inform communication insights.
- Support brand voice, brand guidelines and work on other brand strategy assignments.
- Amend, revise or redevelop campaigns in response to feedback and insights.
- Present trending discourse to help drive impactful creative that’s culturally relevant.
We’re excited about you because…
- You have 4 + years professional experience in copywriting, editorial content creation and/or journalism, creative writing.
- You have a strong, diverse writing portfolio or writing examples of inspiring work.
- You are able to lead brand and editorial writing, from narrative storytelling to day-to-day copy creation.
- You are able to work with a team and brief, as well as autonomously, with little direction.
- You have strong presentation skills.
- You possess an editor’s eye: sharp proofreading skills and ability to step back to review.
- You have experience writing SEO-rich copy for brands a plus, but not required