We’re on a mission to create a world where every body is a canvas for limitless self-expression. In 2021, after 6 years of research and development, we launched the world’s first and only made-to-fade tattoo that lasts a year. With our technology and our experiential Ephemeral Studios, we are making it possible for anyone to wear a tattoo that changes as they change. Read more about us in Bloomberg, Forbes, Vogue or The Cut.
Despite being a 12,000 year old consumer category, tattooing has seen little innovation, while continuing to be held back by stigma and permanence. At Ephemeral, we see tattoos as an empowering, beautiful and creative way to express your identity. We dream of a day when tattoos become the number one form of global self-expression.
We are looking for teammates that share this passion and are excited by the prospect of building without a playbook, are undaunted by big audacious ideas and are committed to teamwork.
Why You'll Love Working at Ephemeral
We are creative – We see problems as opportunities for innovation, love when playbooks don’t exist and push the boundaries of what’s possible.
We are owners - Leadership is expected at every level at Ephemeral, during good and bad times.
We are caring - Our priority is the physical and mental well being of our customers and teams. We work to earn trust by taking care of them in every interaction.
About the Team
The Growth team is a cross-functional group of highly skilled, versatile, data-driven and fearless individuals across engineering, marketing, analytics, product and design. It is responsible for building and executing Ephemeral’s experimentation roadmap in order to grow the number of tattoo wearers in Ephemeral’s community. The team is led by Ephemeral’s VP of Digital and Growth.
About the Role
The Product Designer will play a critical role in bringing our brand and product vision to life. You will define, create and iterate new digital experiences to inspire clients to select their next tattoo, to help them personalize their designs and to participate in the Ephemeral community. You will ask a ton of questions, dive into research, shape hypotheses and collaborate closely with digital product, growth, and engineering teams.
You’re excited about this opportunity because you will…
- Lead the data-informed design vision and ideation of user-centric experiences to support digital product at large.
- Conduct user interviews when needed and connect the dots between qualitative and quantitative insights to inform customer journey and design decisions.
- Build high impact design frameworks and drive process for enabling a dynamic collaboration among design, product, engineering, data, and marketing
- Execute extraordinary visual and user interface design skills, as well as user-centered design principles with a focus on mobile.
We’re excited about you because…
- You possess 2+ years of industry experience in product design
- You have a track record of success as a user experience designer, interaction designer, or similar role with accompanying experience in visual/graphic design
- You possess excellent communication skills: able to clearly articulate design vision through verbal and written explanation, sketching, or quick mock-ups
- You possess deep understanding of how and when to use quantitative and qualitative data to drive design decisions
- You have the ability to design across entire product lifecycles and multiple product launches
- You love autonomy and ambiguity
Nice to Haves
- You have experience working on a user-facing product as part of growth teams, product onboarding, or buying experiences