We’re on a mission to create a world where every body is a canvas for limitless self-expression. In 2021, after 6 years of research and development, we launched the world’s first and only made-to-fade tattoo that lasts a year. With our technology and our experiential Ephemeral Studios, we are making it possible for anyone to wear a tattoo that changes as they change. Read more about us in Bloomberg, Forbes, Vogue or The Cut.
Despite being a 12,000 year old consumer category, tattooing has seen little innovation, while continuing to be held back by stigma and permanence. At Ephemeral, we see tattoos as an empowering, beautiful and creative way to express your identity. We dream of a day when tattoos become the number one form of global self-expression.
We are looking for teammates that share this passion and are excited by the prospect of building without a playbook, are undaunted by big audacious ideas and are committed to teamwork.
Why You’ll Love Working at Ephemeral
We are creative – We see problems as opportunities for innovation, love when playbooks don’t exist and push the boundaries of what’s possible.
We are owners - Leadership is expected at every level at Ephemeral, during good and bad times.
We are caring - Our priority is the physical and mental well being of our customers and teams. We work to earn trust by taking care of them in every interaction.
About the Team
Ephemeral’s Engineering team is responsible for partnering with the Digital Product to shape the next generation of tattoo experiences through technology.
About the Role
A core part of our vision includes reimagining the digital experience of the tattoo journey—both for our clients and for our studio teams. Currently, every part of the tech ecosystem is extremely fragmented. This is where our Engineering team comes in.
We are looking for an Engineering Tech Lead to join us in shaping the next generation of tattoo experiences through technology. Our ideal candidate is a senior engineer who has experience leading and contributing to the development of internal and external applications. This person will improve and help scale our customer-facing website and studio applications, directly impacting every aspect of a customer’s tattoo journey.
You’re excited about this opportunity because you will…
- Champion engineering excellence and drive continuous operational improvement (CI/CD, development processes, and development best practices).
- Be a communicative and strong technical leader who also can roll up your sleeves to solve problems.
- Partner closely with the Product team to create a forward-thinking tech roadmap that spans multiple systems and platforms including our in-studio tooling, online checkout, booking tool, CMS, and ESP.
- Partner with our Digital Marketing, Studio, People, and Operations teams to ensure that tech infrastructure is scalable as we expand our studios.
We’re excited about you because…
- 5+ years of experience in building highly scalable software products and platforms for both consumers and internal teams.
- 2+ years of experience leading technology teams and contributing to the architecture and design of new and existing systems.
- Track record of technical leadership via collaboration, communication (written and verbal), mentorship, and leveling up teams.
- Proven experience in integration with platforms such as payment processors, data warehouses, booking tools, and CRMs.
Nice to Haves
- Experience working for eCommerce, DTC, and marketplace brands.