Ephemeral is creating a world of limitless self-expression, where every body is a canvas. This is all possible due to our proprietary made-to-fade tattoo (developed over 6 years by Chemical Engineers), our owned and operated studios and our investment in building a beloved brand. We value ownership, fearlessness, creativity and diversity of thought. Read more about us at Fast Company and Forbes.
A core part of our vision includes reimagining the digital experience of the tattoo journey—both for our clients and for our studio teams. Currently every part of the tech ecosystem is extremely fragmented. This is where our Tech team comes in.
We are looking for a Director of Engineering & IT to join us in shaping the next generation of tattoo experiences through technology. Our ideal candidate is an experienced leader who can help scale our studios while providing technical guidance to our Engineering team and IT partners. In addition to this unique blend of Engineering & IT responsibilities, you exhibit decision making maturity and you are not afraid to roll up your sleeves when needed. Previous experience in retail or studio expansion is nice to have but not required.
This role will report into the VP of Digital.
- Be a deep technical leader, a thoughtful people manager, and a strong communicator.
- Champion engineering excellence and drive continuous operational improvement (release cadence, development workflows, and development best practices) within the tech team.
- Partner closely with the Product team to create a forward-thinking tech roadmap that spans across multiple systems and platforms including our in-studio tooling, online checkout, booking tool, ESP, and our content management system.
- Partner with our Engineering, Studio, People, and Operations teams to ensure that IT infrastructure is scalable as we expand our studios.
- Partner with our IT partners to procure, provision, and maintain both hardware and software needs across a distributed organization.
- Identify and mitigate all technical risks for the business.
- Debug and solve complex technical problems across platforms and workstreams.
Our ideal candidate will have…
- 8-10 years of experience in building highly scalable software products and platforms for both consumers and internal teams.
- 3-5 years of experience managing and leading technology teams.
- Strong written and verbal communication
- Experience working with Agile methodology and delivery of quality software as part of an Agile team.
- Track record of technical leadership via collaboration, mentorship, and leveling up teams.
- Proven experience and subject matter expertise in both proprietary software builds and enterprise platforms such as Oracle, Salesforce e-commerce payments, payment gateways, booking tools, and CRMs.
- Payment middleware experience in integrating with popular payment gateways such as Stripe, Adyen, PayPal, Affirm and Klarna etc.
- 3-5 years of experience participating in and leading corporate IT teams.
- You have extensive experience with a modern SaaS tech stack (e.g., Google Workspaces, Zoom, Slack, Atlassian products, ServiceNow, and Okta), and at least some experience with cloud environments (e.g., AWS, GCP, or Azure).
- You have a deep understanding of identity and access management, security best practices, and a solid understanding of SOC2, SOX, and PCI compliance requirements.
- You have streamlined and automated processes using data to identify the improvement opportunities to prioritize.
- Deep understanding of cloud technologies including AWS.
- Good understanding of security best practices.