Ephemeral is creating a world of limitless self-expression, where every body is a canvas. This is all possible due to our proprietary made-to-fade tattoo (developed over 6 years by Chemical Engineers), our owned and operated studios and our investment in building a beloved brand. We value ownership, fearlessness, creativity and diversity of thought. Read more about us at Fast Company and Forbes.
A core part of our vision and strategy includes reimagining the digital experience of the tattoo journey. The current pre-appointment tattoo experience (from researching your tattoo to booking an appointment) is extremely fragmented, and the post-appointment engagement is non-existent (once you get your tattoo, that's it!). At Ephemeral, we're hoping to change that.
Email, in particular, plays a critical role in how we communicate with our audience and how we operationalize our business. As our Email & Marketing Automation Lead you will drive the conceptualizing, creating and managing retention and engagement initiatives via automated and personalized email marketing & SMS programs. You will collaborate cross-functionally with engineering, design, and digital marketing to engage our audience, to maximize conversion (reservations) onsite, and to build loyalty with our brand.
This role will report directly to the VP of Digital.
- Create detailed customer journey flows with actionable trigger points to drive conversion and engagement.
- Manage the day-to-day execution of Ephemeral’s email program, including coding emails, creating audience segments, setting up tests, building and scheduling email campaigns, quality assurance, monitoring and reporting campaign results.
- Manage and optimize the QA process for emails, partnering closely with engineering, to ensure proper rendering.
- Responsible for growing and maintaining the overall health of Ephemeral’s marketable email & SMS lists.
- Collaborate with brand marketing team to enhance and optimize new and existing messaging design and development processes
- Work with Site Experience, Growth & Brand teams on GTM launches of new studios across the US.
- Work with the engineering team to build custom events to create personalized workflows to nurture customers through the Ephemeral tattoo appointment process.
- Excellent communication skills. You can translate business to technical and vice versa easily. You are comfortable working with stakeholders at any level.
- Familiarity with enterprise ESP/CRM tools, such as Iterable or Salesforce Marketing Cloud, to be able to build and execute on multichannel CRM automations, marketing campaigns, A/B tests, segment creation, and reporting.
- Strong knowledge of best practices for email, creative, segmentation, dynamic content, testing methodologies, deliverability, CAN-SPAM regulations, email deployment platforms, and ESPs
- Familiarity with customer engagement tools for lead capture, reviews and referral program (similar to Delighted, Digioh, Friendbuy, etc).
- Experience with working in DTC, retail, or appointment-based companies.
- 3-5 years of experience.