Ephemeral is creating a world of limitless self-expression, where every body is a canvas. This is all possible due to our proprietary made-to-fade tattoo (developed over 6 years by Chemical Engineers), our owned and operated studios and our investment in building a beloved brand. We value ownership, fearlessness, creativity and diversity of thought. Read more about us at Fast Company and Forbes.
To help achieve our vision, we are looking for a high EQ, high horsepower and low ego Chief of Staff to be a force multiplier for the CEO. You will do this by helping both the CEO and executive team make time, information and decision making processes more effective, while also being a trusted confidant. You are highly organized, an exceptional communicator, a master of influence and super analytical.
In this high visibility role, you’ll have a seat at the table in a hyper growth environment, have direct access to a world-class leadership, learn how to build and scale and position yourself for executive opportunities within or outside of Ephemeral.
While this role will report directly to the CEO, it will interact closely with every member of the executive team including being a direct partner to the VP of Finance and Business Operations.
Responsibilities will include:
- Driving CEO Prioritization: Create leverage for the CEO by developing and maintaining an inventory of critical path projects that require the CEO’s awareness and involvement. This may also include supporting the CEO on administrative tasks such as accounting, liasoning with third parties and tracking meeting minutes.
- Managing Company Operating Cycle: Meeting and communication health are critical enablers to company performance, so this role will be responsible for overseeing and driving weekly, monthly, quarterly leadership/business/company reviews, board meetings and company wide communications This includes both preparing agendas, executing preparation and maintaining accountability for follow ups.
- Roadmapping and Special Projects: Work with the VP of Finance and Business Operations to facilitate the company roadmapping process, while also owning strategic projects related to market or product expansion, as assigned by the CEO.
- Advising: We deeply value feedback, so this role will be the most honest and ruthlessly candid sounding board to the CEO, ensuring they know what’s not going well and where their focus should be.
- Be trustworthy with the ability to deal with highly sensitive and confidential information.
- Have strong advising skills and demonstrated ability to work in a team environment, as a team leader and member; high EQ to navigate interpersonal challenges.
- Demonstrate excellent interpersonal and communication skills (both written and oral) with the ability to build and maintain relationships with senior executives and stakeholders.
- Manage projects that span multiple teams, requirements, & stakeholders.
- Have the professional self-esteem and confidence to “push back” on executives when necessary.
- Highly analytical with the ability to evaluate both quantitative and qualitative measures.
And to really stand out:
- Have experience in consulting or in program management in a complex organization.
- 5 + years of experience or an MBA.
- Prior experience as a Chief of Staff.
About the CEO:
Jeff Liu is a first generation Chinese-American from Silicon Valley. As Chinese immigrants, Jeff’s parents hoped he’d one day be a doctor or lawyer or maybe dabble in finance. They certainly never imagined he’d one day lead a brand revolutionizing tattoo wearing, but considering his non-obvious career path to-date selling cars (Tesla) and mattresses (Casper), it shouldn’t be all that surprising. He’s passionate about big, bold and sometimes contrarian ideas, and joined Ephemeral as CEO to create a new paradigm of self-expression. Outside of work, Jeff and his wife have their hands full raising Astor (the Basenji) in Brooklyn.