Ephemeral is creating a world of limitless self-expression, where every body is a canvas. This is all possible due to our proprietary made-to-fade tattoo (developed over 6 years by Chemical Engineers), our owned and operated studios and our investment in building a beloved brand. We value ownership, fearlessness, creativity and diversity of thought. Read more about us at Fast Company and Forbes.
To help us achieve that vision, we are looking for a Production Engineer to lead our ink manufacturing efforts. This position requires the ability to efficiently meet production targets for the growing demand of Ephemeral tattoos.
This role will report to the VP of Engineering and Chief Technology Officer.
- Responsible for all aspects of product manufacturing and meeting quality standards.
- Monitor the production operations and processes, ensuring the adherence to safety protocols and cleanroom working practices
- Identify areas of improvement with the manufacturing processes and workflows for cost, quality, & productivity and escalate best practices for improvement
- Document manufacturing process status and changes
- Perform and document quality control at all the stages of the production (e.g., pre-, during- and post-production, pre-shipment etc.)
- Create a matrix to trace, optimize, iterate operational efficiency and product yield
- Communicate findings and proposals to upper management.
- Inspect the reliability of production equipment and machinery, conducting preventive maintenance, and repair inconsistencies to prevent production delays
- Evaluate, plan, and manage inventory for raw materials and packaging solutions in advance to prevent production and distribution delays.
- Work closely with R&D to ensure product design and tooling yield efficient production processes
- Support developing, implementing, and troubleshooting mass scale up operations and processes
- Support creating and implementing SOPs on all relevant operating processes and protocols
- Support product filling, packaging, and managing the inventory
- Contributes to departmental efforts by accomplishing related tasks as needed
- Minimum 2+ years of manufacturing experience in low to medium volume manufacturing environment in chemical/cosmetics/pharmaceutical industries.
- Minimum Bachelor's Degree in Chemical/Mechanical/Industrial/Manufacturing Engineering (required)
- Excellent problem-solving and troubleshooting skills.
- Must have a meticulous attention to detail and a continuous improvement focus.
- Results oriented, self-motivated, and organized work ethic.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (PowerPoint, Excel, Word).
- R&D experience in polymer chemistry/material science
- Experience working in micro/nano particle fabrication