Ephemeral is creating a world of limitless self-expression, where every body is a canvas. This is all possible due to our proprietary made-to-fade tattoo (developed over 6 years by Chemical Engineers), our owned and operated studios and our investment in building a beloved brand. We value ownership, fearlessness, creativity and diversity of thought. Read more about us at Fast Company and Forbes.
To help achieve our vision, we are looking for an HR Coordinator to provide a full range of people services including, but not limited to, recruiting, on-boarding, payroll and benefits management, as well as assisting leadership with employee relations within the field organization as we grow and expand.
This role will partner closely with departmental stakeholders as well as work directly with the field team. This position requires the ability to effectively communicate across a diverse workforce, and a working knowledge of labor laws and recruiting practices.
This role will report directly to the VP of Studios in the interim.
Responsibilities will include:
- Assist with sourcing and screening field candidates and maintain all applicant tracking systems.
- Schedule, facilitate and perform phone and in-person interviews.
- Manage all administrative responsibilities associated with recruiting including maintaining, updating and posting JDs.
- Manage all on-boarding and off-boarding administration.
- Conduct reference checks, complete I-9s, and submit appropriate tax forms.
- Assist new employees with on-boarding paperwork.
- Maintain close relationships with studio leaders and serve as a support and resource for HR and benefits related questions.
- Respond to and handle unemployment insurance requests.
- Assist with the administration of benefits, such as health insurance, dental, and vision insurance, pre-tax transit, etc.
- Oversee OSHA compliance and maintain labor law adherence within the studios.
- Maintain all field employee files.
- Manage payroll processing for all field teams in a timely manner.
Our ideal candidate will have:
- 1-3 years experience in HR and recruiting within the retail or hospitality industry.
- Knowledge and experience working with HRM, health care benefits and payroll administration, unemployment insurance and worker’s compensation etc.
- Experience with full-cycle field recruiting.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills (written and verbal).
- Advanced PC skills.
- Ability to multi-task and adhere to tight deadlines.
- Impeccable organization skills, and attention to detail.
- A solutions-oriented mentality with a data driven approach.