Ephemeral is creating a world of limitless self-expression, where every body is a canvas. This is all possible due to our proprietary made-to-fade tattoo (developed over 6 years by Chemical Engineers), our owned and operated studios and our investment in building a beloved brand. We value ownership, fearlessness, creativity and diversity of thought. Read more about us at Fast Company and Forbes.
To help achieve our vision, we are looking for a cross functional and strategic Director of Studio Operations to lead our expansion efforts as well as drive operational excellence and efficiency across the field organization.
This role will work directly with our retail teams and collaborate closely with all departmental stakeholders and the leadership team. This position requires the ability to efficiently prioritize across multiple projects and partners, and will be responsible for implementing scalable processes for fast national growth with an aggressive door per year expansion plan.
This role will report directly to the VP of Studios.
Responsibilities will include:
- Lead all aspects of studio development and new location openings, responsible for all aspects of retail operations and processes.
- Develop a project plan for new studio openings, and hold HQ members accountable.
- Implement and create SOPs for the studio teams on all relevant operating processes and protocols (e.g. inventory counts, technology, etc)
- Maintain departmental compliance compliance with staffing, safety, security, and business requirements as dictated by federal and local laws.
- Work cross functionally to ensure all existing operational systems, tools, and technology integrate seamlessly, function as needed, and are most up-to-date.
- Manage product inventory, ensuring counts are accurate and shrink is minimal; ensure cycle counts are done timely and accurately.
- Lead and oversee all studio purchasing and supply sourcing with a focus on brand, operational needs, and cost efficiency.
- Manage Field expenses in line with allocated budget.
- Take on special projects as needed.
Our ideal candidate will have:
- 7+ years’ relevant experience including; multi store retail operations experience required.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience.
- Experience overseeing store or location openings at scale.
- Experience in project management, construction or permitting highly preferred.
- A proven ability to define and achieve departmental objectives, strategies and develop plans with achievable timelines.
- A solutions-oriented mentality with a data driven approach.
- Strong analytical, communication, and presentation skills.
- Strong communication skills with a proven ability to build cross functional partnerships and collaborate effectively.
- Travel required: 30-50%.