Envoy makes workplaces work better. With a focus on the details, we craft beautiful, modern software that elevates the workplace experience. Companies like Tesla, GitHub, Slack, Stripe and Pinterest work with Envoy to welcome over 50 million visitors to more than 14,000 locations around the world. We are proudly backed by Andreessen Horowitz, Menlo Ventures, Initialized Capital and others.
Our mission is to challenge the status quo of workplace technology. This idea started at the frontdesk. We’re also going through the rest of the office— the mailroom, meeting rooms and beyond—and asking how we can make these better too. Right now Envoy is helping the world return to work safely. We do this with our Envoy Protect product. We envision a world where technology is woven through our workplaces, all of it working together to make our time there delightful. If this world sounds exciting, we’d love for you to help us build the Office OS.
About the role
Envoy products work for workplaces of all sizes, from a few employees to multinational workplaces with more than 100k employees. All our products are designed to work well in offices all over the world, but for companies operating hundreds or thousands of workplaces they face a broad set of challenges at scale that smaller workplaces just will not have.
The Product Manager for Enterprise at Envoy will prioritize the largest customer use cases, whether it’s globally configuring hundreds of sites to use Visitors and Protect in dozens of languages, to managing administration of hundreds of integrations, to deploying our newest products like Rooms across millions of square feet of real estate. These customers have a unique set of challenges and as Envoy scales we want to provide the best product experience for customers large and small.
This role will work directly with some of our largest customers and our customer-facing teams to understand the needs of massive companies with complex requirements. This Product Manager is comfortable joining lots of customer calls with large multinational companies. We’re looking for someone with comfort and experience building for enterprise customers. Envoy is known for having well designed products, and this role will continue to bring great design into our products for our largest customers. This role will have high visibility among the executive team and will need to be able to work cross-functionally with many different stakeholders.
- Own the day-to-day execution of product initiatives targeted at Envoy’s largest customers with the most complex use cases.
- Work closely with a seasoned group of enterprise sales and success teams to define and distribute the product roadmap to our largest customers.
- Sweat the details. Talk to Envoy’s largest customers daily and weekly to learn more about their challenges and work with your design partners to achieve solutions that go beyond their expectations.
- Define success. Help your cross functional partners to understand success and push relentlessly to win large workplaces all over the world.
- Prioritize diligently. There will be thousands of different customer needs and you’ll pick the best ones to build for that help us and our customers to succeed.
- Realize technical solutions that are remarkably easy to use. Working with your engineering partners to find the shortest path to success.
- Focused on winning as a team. You know how to explain what success is and keep the cross-functional team on track to win. You know when to step in and help the team make decisions to stay on track.
- Deeply empathetic for your customers, and are always looking to surprise and delight your customers. You want to build product experiences that go beyond people’s expectations, and you care about the entire experience of using your products, not solely how the product looks and feels.
- Biased towards action, and want to work in a startup environment where you can make decisions quickly and own and measure the outcomes of those decisions.
- Excited to pitch in and help your teammates.
- 8+ years of experience as a product manager
- Prior experience in b2b building enterprise products, especially for large customers with complex needs
- Shipped user-facing products
- Experience developing internal metrics goals and working with a team to hit those goals
- A technical background. Hands on coding experience is preferred.
Nice to haves
- You’ve started a company in the past
- You have a side project that generates revenue
- You teach, mentor or otherwise help others outside of your day-to-day work
If this kind of work sounds interesting, we'd love to hear from you! We're open to all backgrounds and levels of experience, and we believe that great people can always find a place. People do their best work when they can be themselves, so we value uniqueness. We never discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability status.