Envoy is transforming modern workplaces, challenging the status quo with products that make office life and work more meaningful. Envoy’s workplace platform has redefined how offices interact with visitors, keep employees safe and healthy, manage deliveries, and book conference rooms in over 13,000 locations around the globe while building products for a new era of workplace experience. Companies like Slack, Asana, Pinterest, and Warby Parker rely on Envoy to create an unrivaled first impression and keep their offices safe and compliant.
With more than 100,000 new sign-ins every day, Envoy Visitors empowers workplaces to create a warm welcome for guests while safeguarding their people, property, and ideas. Envoy Protect ensures employees are healthy before they come to the office and can keep a safe distance while they’re there. Envoy Rooms provides a simple solution for you to book meeting rooms, free up unused rooms, and access newly open meeting space. Envoy Deliveries ensures that packages safely reach their recipients at work, without mailroom pile-ups or communication delays. For more information, please visit envoy.com.
About the role
Integrations Engineering functions within the Technical Solutions Engineering team at Envoy, which lives within the success organization but touches every team (sales, product, engineering, finance, etc).
Integrations are standalone back-end systems that connect Envoy’s platform to 3rd party APIs. The day-to-day of an Integrations Engineer involves mostly “deep” work: architecting, programming, and debugging integrations. On occasion, you will be expected to evaluate the technical feasibility of integrating with prospective 3rd party Technology Partners. You may also be called upon to help debug existing integrations by inspecting code, logs, and performance tools. Though infrequent, some aspects of your work will require collaboration with 3rd party developers and support teams.
- Scope, develop, test, and deploy integrations between Envoy and 3rd party Technology Partners.
- Determine project feasibility, integration points, alternative approaches, and best practices within the confines of available solutions.
- Dive deep into 3rd party documentation to understand their features and nuances.
- Work quickly and independently using Envoy’s Integrations platform.
- Maintain and improve existing integrations, and act quickly and efficiently as new bugs are reported.
- Build and improve Envoy’s growing Integrations platform with 3rd party Technology Partners.
- A creative problem solver. You have a track record of identifying elegant solutions with creativity.
- A back-end engineer at heart, but able to comfortably work on the front-end when needed.
- Proficient in communicating effectively with other engineers (both in-house and 3rd party).
- A self-starter and enjoy owning projects end-to-end. You thrive in small teams and enjoy the challenge of occasionally stepping outside your comfort zone to learn something new.
- Able to recognize when a situation requires cautious analysis or more active investigation.
- A mentor with experience tactfully educating teammates and distributing your knowledge (e.g., written documentation). You should feel comfortable as a thought leader.
- Security-conscious. As Envoy becomes commonplace around the world, the data we store will be more and more valuable. It is your job to make our storage practices a no-brainer for our customers and evangelize best practices.
- Up-to-date on best practices in programming and developer tools.
- 3+ years of Node.js development experience writing, maintaining and debugging code in a production environment.
- Excellent understanding of APIs; 2+ years experience integrating 3rd party APIs
- Familiarity using command-line tools
- Familiarity writing automated tests
- Familiarity with git, GitHub, and Heroku
- Familiarity with AWS Lambda
- Experience with: Ruby on Rails, Elixir, Ember.js, React.js
- You're excited about working in a nimble and challenging startup environment.
If this kind of work sounds interesting, we'd love to hear from you! We're open to all backgrounds and levels of experience, and we believe that great people can always find a place. People do their best work when they can be themselves, so we value uniqueness. We never discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability status.