Envoy is transforming modern workplaces, challenging the status quo with products that make office life and work more meaningful. Envoy has redefined how offices interact with visitors and manage deliveries in over 13,000 locations around the globe while building products for a new era of workplace experience. Companies like Slack, Asana, Pinterest, and Warby Parker rely on Envoy to create an unrivaled first impression, and keep their offices secure and compliant.
Our mission is to challenge the status quo of workplace technology. This idea started at the front desk, where we set a new standard for visitor sign-in. Now, we’re looking around the office—to the mailroom, meeting rooms and beyond—and asking how can we make this better, too? We envision a world where technology is woven through our workplaces, all of it working together to make our time there delightful.
About the role
- Align with the Sales team segments to assist in all aspects of the pre-sales process, such as security reviews/questionnaires and discussions around technical requirements while setting realistic expectations with customers. This is typically a co-lead Sales effort in the upmarket segments.
- Partner closely with customer success managers to activate Envoy’s largest customers during RFP’s and pilots.
- Work closely with a customer’s information technology, security, and legal teams to maintain compliance and user security standards.
- Be the liaison between customer-facing teams and Product, Engineering, and Design teams. You will be the voice of the customer during product roadmap meetings, ensuring that company goals are aligned with customer needs and that implementation is executed with the best interest of the customers in mind.
- Hunt down answers within data and logs to uncover sneaky product bugs.
- Advocate for Envoy’s customers and provide critical feedback to product and engineering teams to greatly influence the direction of our products.
- Educate coworkers on complex technical issues like SAML, SCIM, OAuth, Active Directory, and cloud infrastructure.
- Assist in building and Project Management of Envoy’s growing Integrations platform with 3rd party Technology Partn
- 3+ years in a technical solutions engineering or partner engineering role, alternatively 5+ years in a technical account management role, or 5+ years in Sales Engineering roles
- SQL SELECT skills and can easily construct an INNER JOIN.
- Familiarity with git and command-line tools.
- You know how the internet works (i.e. DNS, HTTP, TLS, Certificates, etc).
- You have a basic understanding of APIs; understanding of API architecture (i.e. entity hierarchy, statelessness, idempotent methods, etc) a plus
- The ability to write simple scripts to solve day to day issues.
- Scrappy. You have a hybrid of functional and technical skills that emphasize your problem-solving strategies and attention to detail.
- Comfortable communicating with high-level (IT directors, legal teams, and facilities managers) and can have the heart to heart conversations with software developers.
- An excellent communicator, both verbal and written.
- A self-starter and enjoy owning projects end-to-end. You thrive in small teams and enjoy the challenge of occasionally stepping outside your comfort zone to learn something new.
- Security-conscious. As Envoy becomes commonplace around the world, the data we store will be more and more valuable. It is your job to make our storage practices a no-brainer for our customers and evangelize best practices.
- Interested in educating others and helping your team grow together.
If this kind of work sounds interesting, we'd love to hear from you! We're open to all backgrounds and levels of experience, and we believe that great people can always find a place. People do their best work when they can be themselves, so we value uniqueness. We never discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability status.