Envoy makes workplaces work better. With a focus on the details, we craft beautiful, modern software that elevates the workplace experience. Companies like Google, Tesla, GitHub, Slack, Stripe and Pinterest, have worked with Envoy to welcome over 30 million visitors to more than 10,000 locations around the world. We are proudly backed by Andreessen Horowitz, Menlo Ventures, Initialized Capital, and many others.
Our mission is to challenge the status quo of workplace technology. This idea started at the front desk, where we set a new standard for visitor sign-in. Now, we’re looking around the office—to the mailroom, meeting rooms and beyond—and asking how can we make this better, too? We envision a world where technology is woven through our workplaces, all of it working together to make our time there delightful.
If this world sounds exciting, we’d love for you to help us build the Office OS.
About the role
We are a top-notch design team with a friendly, funny, low-ego culture, and we have the same high standards for our design work, practices, and people. We value learning and growth, and hire diverse, well-rounded, communicative people.
Our high-quality design and polished experiences are what set Envoy apart from our competitors, and we’re looking for a web designer who can create industry-leading visuals to take us to the next level.
As a visual designer with a web focus, you will design experiences for Envoy’s brand, primarily across Envoy.com. You will be the go-to for both new design asks and incremental changes. You will partner with Marketing to run experiments, as an advocate for our brand standards. You will work with Engineering to ensure your designs are implemented pixel-perfectly, to ensure a high-quality experience is released to users. You will also be a member of the Design Team, collaborating with other product and visual designers, and reporting to the Design Team Lead.
- Run point on highly complex, critical projects, managing aesthetics, brand alignment, clear communication, and quality.
- Work with engineering and marketing partners to define problems to be solved.
- Assume a leadership role on the visual design team, and be held accountable for design quality and cohesion across the team.
- Demonstrate and articulate understanding of layout, typography and visual hierarchy.
- Maintain and suggest evolutions of our design system and existing style guides with a holistic consideration for the future of our brand.
- Provide regular, direct and impactful feedback in crit, additionally engaging individual designers in adjacent teams to help them grow their skills and design toolkit.
- Communicate with marketing leads and engineers in their language, designing with consideration for their cares and concerns.
- Identify and help to organize design-led projects, events, and discussions, spreading design thinking and enthusiasm throughout Envoy and the wider design community.
- Extensive experience in visual/web design
- Extensive experience with sketching, interface design tools (Sketch, Photoshop, Illustrator)
- Exposure to and at least a basic understanding of HTML/CSS
- A strong portfolio of visual and web design work living in production
- Demonstrable understanding and examples of how your designs support your team's goals, the broader product vision, and company objectives.
- Experience acting in a leadership role cross-functionally.
- Flexible: you enjoy taking on new challenges as new opportunities arise
- Low ego: you embrace getting constructive feedback on your work on a regular basis from a diverse group of designers, and you aim to foster psychological safety on your team
- Someone with extremely high standards: you’re practical and know perfect is the enemy of good, but you aspire for us to be great, and you care deeply about the quality of our work and our team
- Insanely curious: before you even consider a solution, you want to understand and clearly articulate the problem, and when devising solutions, you seek and value input from as many sources as possible
- A strong communicator: you can lead group design conversations, keeping them on-track and focused on delivering actionable next steps, and communicate complex ideas, goals, and problems in a way that is accessible even to those unfamiliar with the project
- Strong technical abilities in HTML/CSS/JS
- Experience with animation and prototyping tools (CSS animation, Framer, AnimeJS)
- Experience with creating pixel-perfect iconography, paralleling existing styles
- A link to your portfolio and (live) work you’ve done
- A link to your Dribbble profile if you have one