Envoy is transforming modern workplaces, challenging the status quo with products that make office life and work more meaningful. Envoy has redefined how offices interact with visitors and manage deliveries in over 13,000 locations around the globe while building products for a new era of workplace experience. Companies like Slack, Asana, Pinterest, and Warby Parker rely on Envoy to create an unrivaled first impression, and keep their offices secure and compliant.
Our mission is to challenge the status quo of workplace technology. This idea started at the front desk, where we set a new standard for visitor sign-in. Now, we’re looking around the office—to the mailroom, meeting rooms and beyond—and asking how can we make this better, too? We envision a world where technology is woven through our workplaces, all of it working together to make our time there delightful.
About the role
The iOS team at Envoy challenges the boundaries of iOS/iPadOS. You’ll work with the latest and greatest tech – from iBeacons and Swift, to devices like the Apple Watch, Apple TV, Apple Pencil, and more. Our iOS culture lives on the bleeding edge of new Apple technologies, and the team is inspired and excited about the opportunities (and challenges) it brings. You’ll be directly responsible for building our core products and getting businesses and enterprises around the world to re-imagine just how friendly software for them can be.
- Implement new product features in our iPad, iPhone, and Apple Watch apps, along with future projects on the Apple TV and other initiatives
- Collaborate with designers to build pixel-perfect, detail-oriented interfaces
- Envision ways to delight your customers with animations, elegant flows, and clean user interfaces
- Destroy bugs and ship stable, high-quality code you’re proud to be a core contributor on
- Deliver excellent software through comprehensive peer-reviews, CI, and automated testing
- Always push your team forward onto the latest and greatest, be it libraries, languages, tools, or products
- You have published and maintained something on the App Store built with Swift or Objective-C
- 5+ years of software engineering experience or coding experience
- BS / MS in Computer Science or a related technical field
- Proactive. You look for problems and inefficiencies in code and find elegant solutions to them before they become major blockers
- A systems thinker. You think about how your designs will affect other aspects of the product and how it will evolve in the future
- Someone who really enjoys iOS (Swift or Objective-C) and loves staying up-to-date on the latest APIs and technologies
- Motivated by working on products customers love, and figuring out ways to make them better and help them achieve their goals
- At your best when working on a tiny team of 4-5 people entrusted to build an entire product end-to-end
- Excited and inspired by new technology, and eager to incorporate it into your work.
- Able to identify good design and bad design, and strive to achieve excellent visual and interactive design principles in your apps (even if you’re not the designer)
- Performance thinking. Not everyone has an iPhone 11 Pro like you. People want smooth experiences that don’t drain their battery and work on an unreliable network connection
- Interested in educating others and helping your team grow together
- Experience with BLE and NFC
- Experience with location services
- Experience working in a fast-paced startup environment
If this kind of work sounds interesting, we'd love to hear from you! We're open to all backgrounds and levels of experience, and we believe that great people can always find a place. People do their best work when they can be themselves, so we value uniqueness. We never discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability status.