About the role
We are looking for product designers to lead the creation of new products and improve our products for workplaces. Envoy is building a diverse set of products for employees, administrators, and visitors to support flexible workplaces. The pandemic has changed how everyone collaborates and workplaces will look different from before, with a focus on flexible workplaces that adapt to employees. Envoy is building products to support the future of flexible workplaces.
Our high-quality design and polished experiences are what set Envoy apart, and we value great design in everything that we do. As a Product Designer, you’ll be responsible for bringing great design to all of our products, contributing across our product lines including mobile apps and web apps. You’ll join a group of people obsessed with building products for workplaces that challenge the status quo of a workplace experience. And on top of that, you’ll help us grow the product design team and elevate what design means in workplaces across the world.
- Lead the end-to-end design of complex, critical projects.
- Collaborate with product managers and engineers to build products and features that are well designed and provide a great user experience while solving important business needs.
- Work with product managers and our customer facing teams to do user research to inform our product direction. When it's safe to travel we love to visit our customers to learn in-depth about their needs.
- Develop design system components alongside new products.
- Help grow the design team by helping hire and mentor other designers.
- 5+ years of experience working as a product designer
- Strong visual/UI design skills on web and native mobile, including layout, typography, visual hierarchy, and animation/motion
- Strong user experience design skills: understanding of information architecture, multi-step and cross-platform flows
- Strong product-thinking skills: understanding of how your designs support your user’s goals, your team's goals, the broader product vision, and company objectives
- Proven experience conducting qualitative and quantitative research to inform your design work
- Flexible: you enjoy taking on new challenges as new opportunities arise
- Low-ego: you embrace getting constructive feedback on your work on a regular basis from a diverse group of designers
- Someone with extremely high standards: you want to change workplaces everywhere through great design, and you’ll help the team ship without compromising end user experience
- Obsessive problem solver: you want to deeply understand our users, their challenges, and are flexible to find the best solutions for them
- A strong communicator: you can lead group design conversations, share company-wide presentations and design updates, and care about helping people understand the value of great design
Nice to haves
- Code skills that enable you to build effective and accessible designs on web and mobile
- You contribute to the larger design community through writing, speaking, mentoring, teaching, or more
- Experience working in a fast-paced startup environment, or with SaaS products
- Expertise designing for accessibility
- A link to your portfolio (if password-protected, please include the password 🔐)
- A link to your Dribbble profile, if you have one
If this kind of work sounds interesting, we'd love to hear from you! We're open to all backgrounds and levels of experience, and we believe that great people can always find a place. People do their best work when they can be themselves, so we value uniqueness. We never discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability status.