Envoy makes workplaces work better. With a focus on the details, we craft beautiful, modern software that elevates the workplace experience. Companies like Google, Tesla, GitHub, Slack, Stripe and Pinterest, have worked with Envoy to welcome over 30 million visitors to more than 10,000 locations around the world. We are proudly backed by Andreessen Horowitz, Menlo Ventures, Initialized Capital, and many others.
Our mission is to challenge the status quo of workplace technology. This idea started at the front desk, where we set a new standard for visitor sign-in. Now, we’re looking around the office—to the mailroom, meeting rooms and beyond—and asking how can we make this better, too? We envision a world where technology is woven through our workplaces, all of it working together to make our time there delightful.
If this world sounds exciting, we’d love for you to help us build the Office OS.
About the role
As a product designer, you will work alongside other designers, and project stakeholders, engineers, and product managers to frame problems, develop feasible ideas, validate based on feedback, and iterate accordingly. You will be responsible for designing software that elevates the modern workplace with beautiful, modern experiences that put people first.
Envoy is defined by great design and carefully crafted user experiences. We have sustained word-of-mouth growth and strong product-market fit, which give us a unique opportunity to focus on delighting customers in unconventional ways. We’re a small design team that values humility, self-motivation, and a willingness to learn difficult things to become stronger, more well-rounded designers. We believe that being a part of a strong design team is one of the most rewarding parts of our work.
- Work on complex problems, managing simplicity, completeness, usability, and quality
- Demonstrate proficiency in and understanding of information architecture, multi-step and cross-platform flows
- Consistently consider the holistic user experience and potential states (errors, successes, dead-ends) in your work
- Produce designs that are visually cohesive with the rest of Envoy's products, with a holistic consideration for the product's future
- Partner with data and customer research throughout the design and development process, becoming familiar with different data collection techniques and making changes to the product based on data analysis
- Provide direct and impactful feedback in design critique, and seek out feedback from other designers to grow your own skills and design toolkit
- Communicate with product leads and engineers in their language, designing with consideration for their cares and concerns
- Contribute to the culture of your product team by identifying, advocating for, and executing design-driven projects and initiatives
- Participate in design-led projects, events, and discussions, spreading design thinking and enthusiasm throughout Envoy and the wider design community
- 3 years of experience
- Experience in product design (UI, UX, user research)
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- An understanding of layout, typography and visual hierarchy
- Experience with UI tools (Sketch, Photoshop, Illustrator), production HTML/CSS, and prototyping tools (Framer, InVision)
- Demonstrable understanding of how your designs support your team's goals, the broader product vision, and company objectives
- A link to your portfolio and work you’ve done
- A link to your Dribbble profile if you have one
If this kind of work sounds interesting, we'd love to hear from you! We're open to all backgrounds and levels of experience, and we believe that great people can always find a place. People do their best work when they can be themselves, so we value uniqueness. We never discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability status.