About the role
We are looking for an experienced product designer to lead the creation of new products and the continual improvement of existing products. Our high-quality design and polished experiences are what set Envoy apart from our competitors, so we are looking for a designer who can create industry-leading UI and UX across a suite of native mobile and web products.
This role requires exceptional UI design skills and a deep knowledge of building design systems across web and native mobile platforms.
The best fits for the role are obsessed with design quality and consistency and have proven track records of executing towards those goals. This is a role for someone who is organized and ambitious with the technical skills to consistently launch design improvements and the drive to take ownership of an industry-leading product’s design language.
Join a design organization of seven product and visual designers with a friendly, funny, low-ego culture and high standards for our design work, practices, and people. We value learning and growth and hire, diverse, well-rounded, communicative people.
- Lead the end-to-end design of highly complex, critical projects
- Collaborate cross-functionally with product and engineering to build features that balance high design standards with technical, user, and business needs
- Use qualitative and quantitative data to inform your design work, running user research and validating potential product changes
- Lead the creation of design systems on web and mobile, driving the creation of Figma component libraries, and partnering with engineering on the development of code component libraries
- Mentor and support a team of other product designers
- Help build the Envoy Design brand throughout the company and the wider design community by writing blogs, running events, sharing work on our team Dribbble account, and more
- 8+ years of experience working as a product designer
- 2+ years of experience working on design systems
- Mastery of visual/UI design on web and native mobile, including layout, typography, visual hierarchy, animation/motion, and design systems creation
- Strong user experience design skills: understanding of information architecture, multi-step and cross-platform flows
- Strong product-thinking skills: understanding of how your designs support user goals, your team's goals, the broader product vision, and company objectives
- Experience conducting qualitative and quantitative research to inform your design work
- Code skills that enable you to build effective and accessible designs on web and mobile
- A multi-platform expert: you have experience with, and a passion for, working across web and mobile platforms
- Flexible: you enjoy taking on new challenges as new opportunities arise
- Low-ego: you embrace getting constructive feedback on your work on a regular basis from a diverse group of designers, and you aim to foster psychological safety on your team
- Someone with extremely high standards: you’re practical and know perfect is the enemy of good, but you aspire for us to be great, and you care deeply about the quality of our work and our team
- Insanely curious: before you even consider a solution, you want to understand and clearly articulate the problem, and when devising solutions, you seek and value input from as many sources as possible
- A strong communicator: you can lead group design conversations, keeping them on-track and focused on delivering actionable next steps, and communicate complex ideas, goals, and problems in a way that is accessible even to those unfamiliar with the project
Nice to have’s
- You contribute to the larger design community through writing, speaking, mentoring, teaching, or more
- Experience working in a fast-paced startup environment, or with SaaS products
- Expertise designing for accessibility
- A link to your portfolio (if password-protected, please include the password 🔐)
- A link to your Dribbble profile, if you have one
If this kind of work sounds interesting, we'd love to hear from you! We're open to all backgrounds and levels of experience, and we believe that great people can always find a place. People do their best work when they can be themselves, so we value uniqueness. We never discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability status.