Envoy makes workplaces work better. With a focus on the details, we craft beautiful, modern software that elevates the workplace experience. Companies like Google, Tesla, GitHub, Slack, Stripe and Pinterest, have worked with Envoy to welcome over 30 million visitors to more than 10,000 locations around the world. We are proudly backed by Andreessen Horowitz, Menlo Ventures, Initialized Capital, and many others.
Our mission is to challenge the status quo of workplace technology. This idea started at the front desk, where we set a new standard for visitor sign-in. Now, we’re looking around the office—to the mailroom, meeting rooms and beyond—and asking how can we make this better, too? We envision a world where technology is woven through our workplaces, all of it working together to make our time there delightful.
If this world sounds exciting, we’d love for you to help us build the Office OS.
About the role
The Technical Solutions Engineering team at Envoy lives within the success organization but touches every team (sales, product, engineering, finance, etc). TSEs are adaptable and have the uncanny ability to pick up new skills quickly. Each day is different and may involve assisting account executives with security questions, helping the engineering team set up on-premise hardware for development, QA’ing some experimental functionality of our iPad app, or jumping on a call to both triage and solve a customer issue. You might be a TSE if you are passionate about APIs, learning new third-part party SaaS products, finding workarounds to make customers happy, and love playing with the latest technology.
- Partner closely with the customer success managers to activate Envoy’s largest customers.
- Partner with the sales team during the pre-sales process with questionnaires and discussions around technical requirements while setting realistic expectations with customers.
- Work closely with a customer’s information technology, security, and legal teams to maintain compliance and user security standards.
- Maintain positive partner relationships and streamline the rollout of new cross-platform features to existing customers through Envoy’s third-party integrations.
- Partner closely with engineering and support to intercept support escalations in order to minimize resolution times and increase engineering resources devoted to new product development.
- Hunt down answers within data and logs to uncover sneaky product bugs.
- Advocate for Envoy’s customers and provide critical feedback to product and engineering teams to greatly influence the direction of our products.
- Educate coworkers on complex technical issues like SAML, SCIM, OAuth, Active Directory, and cloud infrastructure (Learning opportunities provided, listed technologies background not required for the Associate role. Problem-solving nature is the key to success, Envoy will facilitate training and growth.)
- Scrappy. You have a hybrid of functional and technical skills that emphasize your problem-solving strategies and attention to detail.
- Comfortable communicating with high-level decision makers (IT directors, legal teams, and facilities managers) and can have the heart to heart conversations with software developers.
- An excellent communicator, both verbal and written.
- A self-starter and enjoy owning projects end-to-end. You thrive in small teams and enjoy the challenge of occasionally stepping outside your comfort zone to learn something new.
- Security conscious. As Envoy becomes commonplace around the world, the data we store will be more and more valuable. It is your job to make our storage practices a no-brainer for our customers and evangelize best practices.
- Interested in educating others and helping your team grow together.
- 0-2 years in a technical solutions engineering or partner engineering role. Alternatively 2+ years in technical account management, technical support or consulting roles.
- College degrees in MIS, Computer Science, Software Engineering, and/or coding boot camps preferred.
- You know how the internet works (i.e. DNS, HTTP, TLS, Certificates, etc).
- Intermediate SQL skills with the ability to be easily trained to up-level knowledge
- Familiarity with git and command line tools
- You have a basic understanding of APIs; understanding of API architecture (i.e. entity hierarchy, statelessness, idempotent methods, etc) a plus.
- You have the ability to learn Ruby on Rails Active Record Query Interface
- Understanding of SAML (Security Assertion Markup Language) and Active Directory. Knowledge of SSO (Single Sign-On) access control also a plus.
- Experience installing/configuring IT infrastructure (e.g. switches, routers, VOIP, wireless).
- Experience with badge/ID printers, physical security, and digital security cameras.
- You're excited about working in a nimble and challenging startup environment.
If this kind of work sounds interesting, we'd love to hear from you! We're open to all backgrounds and levels of experience, and we believe that great people can always find a place. People do their best work when they can be themselves, so we value uniqueness. We never discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability status.