Envoy makes workplaces work better. With a focus on the details, we craft beautiful, modern software that elevates the workplace experience. Companies like Google, Tesla, GitHub, Slack, Stripe and Pinterest, have worked with Envoy to welcome over 30 million visitors to more than 10,000 locations around the world. We are proudly backed by Andreessen Horowitz, Menlo Ventures, Initialized Capital, and many others.
Our mission is to challenge the status quo of workplace technology. This idea started at the front desk, where we set a new standard for visitor sign-in. Now, we’re looking around the office—to the mailroom, meeting rooms and beyond—and asking how can we make this better, too? We envision a world where technology is woven through our workplaces, all of it working together to make our time there delightful.
If this world sounds exciting, we’d love for you to help us build the Office OS.
About the role
As the Director of Product Marketing, you will lead the efforts of translating customer insights into product strategy, as well as leading the product GTM strategies by putting the customer experience at the core. You are a leader, an influencer, a mentor, and a practitioner. You are as excited to dive into research and connect with customers as you are leading a product naming strategy. You excel at bringing a customer-centric perspective to the product strategy and inspiring designers to create engaging experiences. You thrive in a dynamic, agile environment leading enthusiastic team members, and collaborating with cross-functional teams.
- Be the expert and spokesperson for Envoy’s products, their use cases, and the markets they compete in, internally and across external press and analyst relations channels
- Develop a product marketing strategy and roadmap to serve all customers
- Integrate customer insights into the product strategy and positioning
- Drive high-level product positioning and messaging framework across all products
- Drive development of customer journey maps and how the organization can support them at various touch points
- Lead, motivate, mentor, and grow the product marketing team ensuring they are set up to succeed and are successful in their roles
- Drive the development of tools that all parts of the organization can leverage including segmentation, naming architecture, and GTM best practices
- Be a trusted partner to the product team and relay customer, sales and market insights that inform product roadmap decisions and strategy
- Partner with our marketing leaders in content, demand generation, events, communications, brand design, and product education to ensure unified marketing execution
- Stay up-to-date on the competitive landscape and in doing so ensure the team can communicate key differentiators of our products and identify opportunities for future growth
- Work closely on pricing and packaging strategy and initiatives
- At least 7 years of product marketing experience with a multi-product, B2B SaaS background
- At least 3 years experience building and leading a team of individual contributors and managers
- A strong point of view on the Product Marketing operation—from insights to GTM to adoption
- Demonstrated ability to influence leaders across the company including product and international teams
- A proven track record of partnering with product management to contribute to product strategy
- Demonstrated problem-solving skills and the ability to manage complex, cross-functional projects to completion
- Experience developing segments, personas and ICPs
- Understanding of data and how to use data to perform analysis and make informed decisions
- Developed the positioning and messaging for products that serve multiple use cases and personas
- Self-aware teammate with highly developed emotional intelligence
- Ability to clearly set and juggle priorities to focus on the most important issues
- Extraordinary communication and partnering skills, including prior experience communicating to senior-level executives
- Excellent written, verbal, and visual communication skills
If this kind of work sounds interesting, we'd love to hear from you! We're open to all backgrounds and levels of experience, and we believe that great people can always find a place. People do their best work when they can be themselves, so we value uniqueness. We never discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability status.