Envoy makes workplaces work better. With a focus on the details, we craft beautiful, modern software that elevates the workplace experience. Companies like Google, Tesla, GitHub, Slack, Stripe and Pinterest, have worked with Envoy to welcome over 30 million visitors to more than 10,000 locations around the world. We are proudly backed by Andreessen Horowitz, Menlo Ventures, Initialized Capital, and many others.
Our mission is to challenge the status quo of workplace technology. This idea started at the front desk, where we set a new standard for visitor sign-in. Now, we’re looking around the office—to the mailroom, meeting rooms and beyond—and asking how can we make this better, too? We envision a world where technology is woven through our workplaces, all of it working together to make our time there delightful.
If this world sounds exciting, we’d love for you to help us build the Office OS.
About the role
A Product Manager at Envoy is charged with influencing, inspiring, and leading teams to build products and features customers use and love while contributing positively to Envoy's business.
How you do it is important! We aspire to have inspired and well-informed teams because we believe our best solutions won't come from any one person. As such you'll be a leader, facilitator, orchestrator, and teammate.
- Talk to customers, aggregate feedback from internal customer-facing teams (sales, customer success), and evaluate customer usage metrics to determine and prioritize the jobs-to-be-done and problems to tackle
- Collaborate with internal teams to define and implement solutions you will all be proud of. You'll collaborate with design and engineering to identify technical possibilities and define interaction and design options. You'll work hand in hand with those teams through implementation, ensuring goals are clear and facilitating decisions throughout
- Establish goals and KPIs for the products or features, set up processes to ensure we continually track & learn, and drive priorities to improve.
- Cultivate a great culture where team members can do their best work. Promote ownership and accountability, great communication ("high EQ"), learning and teaching, good decision making, and a push for very high standards
- Someone with extremely high standards. You’re practical and know perfect is the enemy of good, but you aspire for us to be great. You care deeply about the quality of our work and our team
- An Owner. You act with and teach appropriate urgency when the situation calls for it. You feel personally accountable and responsible. You proactively look for problems and inefficiencies and find elegant solutions before they become major issues.
- Fast-paced. You love the speed and impact you have in startups
- Empathetic, a great listener and observer. You know there might be differences between what customers say and do and are able to use both what you hear and what you see to deduce the actual pain they're experiencing. You actively build relationships with your teammates to better understand their work and partner with them
- Insanely curious. Before you even consider a solution, you want to understand and clearly articulate the problem. And when devising solutions, you seek and value input from as many sources as possible and work as a servant leader in your team to create products that delight. You are passionate about defining goals and metrics and other ways to know it's working and solving customers' problems once deployed
- Previous experience in customer success or UX
- Programming experience
- You've built a side project that generates revenue.
- Experience building consumer-minded enterprise SaaS products
- You blog, teach, mentor, or otherwise help others learn outside of your day to day work
If this kind of work sounds interesting, we'd love to hear from you! We're open to all backgrounds and levels of experience, and we believe that great people can always find a place. People do their best work when they can be themselves, so we value uniqueness. We never discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability status.