The Enviva team is driven by our shared vision for a renewable energy future. We are a fast-growing, purpose-driven, global energy company specializing in delivering sustainable wood bioenergy solutions. We are the world’s largest producer of sustainable wood pellets, which provide a low-carbon alternative to fossil fuels.
Enviva is seeking a Senior Associate, Corporate Development to support the company’s corporate development activities including greenfield development projects, strategic planning, partnerships and M&A transactions globally.
This team has a hybrid work model and the role can be based in Bethesda, MD (HQ), or Raleigh, NC.
- Construct detailed financial models and valuation analyses for greenfield development and strategic transaction activities, including framing the analyses for use in presentations to executives and boards of directors.
- Support greenfield project development activities, including site selection and control, permitting, project design, construction, and commercial negotiations.
- Support due diligence activities on strategic transactions, such as acquisitions and joint ventures, including coordination with third-party diligence providers, and synthesizing results into presentations and reports for executive management.
- Analyze new markets and ad hoc commercial opportunities; conduct research and synthesis of results into actionable business plans and analysis; and communicate results to key stakeholders including Enviva executive management team.
- Maintain periodic reports highlighting key industry activity, acquisition targets, key commodities and macroeconomic indices, to be used by corporate development team and executive management.
- BA/BS required, with a preference for coursework in finance, economics, or accounting
- 4+ years of prior experience with investment banking (bulge bracket or mid-market preferred), private equity with portfolio companies in the energy or industrial manufacturing sectors, corporate development at a global publicly-held company, industrial project development, or management consulting, including the ability to demonstrate experience building and managing financial models
- A fundamental understanding of, and demonstrated experience with, valuation theory, methodologies, and applications, including DCF, multiple, and sensitivity analysis
- Demonstrated expertise in financial modeling with MS Excel
- Ability to synthesize information, identify issues, and proactively recommend solutions
- Demonstrated experience preparing strategic communications using MS PowerPoint, including investment reviews for executive and board-level review and CIMs. Experience with Macabacus and Think-Cell a plus
- Strong attention to detail and strong writing and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work under pressure, manage multiple projects with competing priorities, meet deadlines, and adapt to change in a fast-paced environment
- Analytical, process, and results oriented with strong focus on orderliness, structure, and planning
Preferred Qualifications - What Will Set You Apart
- Relevant industry experience and interest in energy, wood products, manufacturing, or commodity logistics infrastructure preferred
- Up to 20% travel required
Enviva is dedicated to the principles of equal employment opportunity (EEO) in any term, condition or privilege of employment. Enviva does not discriminate against applicants or employees on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, age, physical or mental disability, ancestry, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, uniform service member, genetic information or any other status protected by law. Enviva complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which we operate.