The Enviva team is driven by our shared vision for a renewable energy future. We are a fast-growing, purpose-driven, global energy company specializing in delivering sustainable wood bioenergy solutions. We are the world’s largest producer of sustainable wood pellets, which provide a low-carbon alternative to fossil fuels.
Enviva is looking for a Utility Operator that is responsible for all aspects of continuous operation of the chip mill, including safety, equipment operation, monitoring, machine set up and cleaning.
- Operate mobile equipment to include Volvo 180 wheel loader, Volvo 220 wheel loader with top clamp fork and caterpillar forest machine track loader.
- Inspect equipment daily.
- Perform basic maintenance to keep equipment in clean, good working order.
- Proficiency in maintaining the proper paperwork.
- Ability to operate the machine in a timely and safe manner.
- Ability to work 12 hour rotating shift schedule.
- Responsible for other duties assigned for the job.
- High school diploma or GED required.
- Knowledgeable and experienced with heavy equipment operation
- A quick learner, ability to work with little to no supervision.
- Safely and efficiently performs all essential functions of the job
- Superior cognitive and systems knowledge to achieve production goals.
- Develop and maintain accurate written records.
- Ability to understand and follow written and verbal job instructions.
- Proficient in mathematics and measurement.
- Strong leadership abilities as demonstrated with past work experience or activities.
- Must be able to work in outdoor environments and occasionally in temperatures above 100 degrees and below 32 degrees
- Willing and able to work in a hot, humid, cold and noisy industrial environment
- Willing and able to maintain strict adherence to safety rules and regulations, to include wearing safety equipment.
- Willing and able to perform tasks such as lifting, walking, climbing, stooping, standing, pushing and/or pulling for up to twelve (12) hours a day
- Willing and able to work around moving equipment and machinery
- Willing and able to pull and lift, up to 50 lbs.
- Ability to safely and successfully perform the essential job functions consistent with the ADA, FMLA and other federal, state and local standards, including meeting qualitative and/or quantitative productivity standards.
Enviva is dedicated to the principles of equal employment opportunity (EEO) in any term, condition or privilege of employment. Enviva does not discriminate against applicants or employees on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, age, physical or mental disability, ancestry, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, uniform service member, genetic information or any other status protected by law. Enviva complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which we operate.