The Enviva team is driven by our shared vision for a renewable energy future. We are a fast-growing, purpose-driven, global energy company specializing in delivering sustainable wood bioenergy solutions. We are the world’s largest producer of sustainable wood pellets, which provide a low-carbon alternative to fossil fuels.
The Quality Technician is responsible for sampling and conducting testing by following written procedures to ensure that our product complies with set quality standards. The ideal candidate will be adept at using various electronic systems and databases to record quality testing results and communicating quality issues and initiating the quarantine protocol in the event of issues.
- Conducts sampling and testing of raw materials, in-process materials, finished goods, and environmental samples, measuring quality to client specifications daily
- Follows proper workflow procedures and maintains accurate records
- Uses a working knowledge of various electronic systems and databases for data storage and analysis
- Investigates solutions to quality issues and proposes/tests ideas for quality improvements
- Performs occasional special-projects tests to either investigate the source of quality issues or to study potential quality solutions.
- Understands and follow all safety procedures
- Maintains good housekeeping
- Maintains lab equipment and ensures timely calibration as necessary
- High School Diploma or General Education Degree (GED) required.
- Associates Degree preferred.
- Certified Quality Technician (CQT) Certification Preferred.
- Proficiency is Excel Spreadsheets, Outlook Emailing, and experience with other databases required.
- A minimum of two years of experience working in a manufacturing or similar environment required
- Must be able to work in outdoor environments and occasionally in temperatures above 100 degrees and below 32 degrees
- Willing and able to work in a hot, humid, cold and noisy industrial environment
- Willing and able to maintain strict adherence to safety rules and regulations, to include wearing safety equipment.
- Willing and able to perform tasks such as lifting, walking, climbing, stooping, standing, pushing and/or pulling for up to twelve (12) hours a day
- Willing and able to work around moving equipment and machinery
- Willing and able to pull and lift, up to 50 lbs.
- Ability to safely and successfully perform the essential job functions consistent with the ADA and federal, state and local standards, including meeting qualitative and/or quantitative productivity standards.
Enviva is dedicated to the principles of equal employment opportunity (EEO) in any term, condition or privilege of employment. Enviva does not discriminate against applicants or employees on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, age, physical or mental disability, ancestry, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, uniform service member, genetic information or any other status protected by law. Enviva complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which we operate.