The Enviva team is driven by our shared vision for a renewable energy future. We are a fast-growing, purpose-driven, global energy company specializing in delivering sustainable wood bioenergy solutions. We are the world’s largest producer of sustainable wood pellets, which provide a low-carbon alternative to fossil fuels.
Enviva is seeking a Senior Financial Analyst based in our corporate headquarters in Bethesda, MD. As an instrumental member of the Finance organization, the Senior Financial Analyst will be actively involved in supporting the Financial Planning and Analysis team through the forecasting and budgeting process across all Enviva entities.
- Work closely with the Director, FP&A and executive leadership team and business leaders to develop and provide financial metrics, data, analysis, and insights
- Consolidate information from the operations, procurement and commercial teams on a monthly basis and prepare functional, executive and board-level reporting
- Critical contributor to the monthly forecast process including variance analysis of actual results compared to prior estimates and preparation of quarterly board materials
- Critical contributor to the annual budgeting process from development of overall calendar through preparation of board presentation materials
- Interface with department owners to understand variances between actual results and budget and prepare forecasts that include the identification of risks and opportunities
- Partner with the accounting team through the closing process to understand actual results and partner with accounting and information technology teams to ensure that all reporting is sourced appropriately from the ERP system
- Challenge processes and develop recommendations for improvements
- Question forecasts by analyzing and interpreting data and making comparative analyses
- Bachelor's degree with a focus in Accounting or Finance.
- 3-5 years of experience in consulting, corporate finance or business analytics preferred.
- Experience conducting financial analytics and data modeling.
- Expert in Microsoft Office Suite (PowerPoint, Excel, Word, & Outlook)
- Experience with FP&A software platforms
- Experience with Power BI
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize, work under critical deadlines, and manage workload with little direction
Preferred Qualifications - What Will Set You Apart
- Experience in the manufacturing industry
Enviva is dedicated to the principles of equal employment opportunity (EEO) in any term, condition or privilege of employment. Enviva does not discriminate against applicants or employees on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, age, physical or mental disability, ancestry, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, uniform service member, genetic information or any other status protected by law. Enviva complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which we operate.