The Enviva team is driven by our shared vision for a renewable energy future. We are a fast-growing, purpose-driven, global energy company specializing in delivering sustainable wood bioenergy solutions. We are the world’s largest producer of sustainable wood pellets, which provide a low-carbon alternative to fossil fuels.
The major purpose of the Lubrication Technician is to ensure proper preventive maintenance is completed on critical and auxiliary machinery associated with 24/7 pellet manufacturing
- Adhere to all plant environmental, health and safety guidelines, policies and practices
- Perform routine lubrication preventative maintenance on all equipment
- Perform routine preventative maintenance inspections on all machinery and equipment.
- Ability to troubleshoot and repair identified issues
- Monitoring and maintaining inventories of fuel, oil, filters, etc.
- Oils and greases moving parts of friction surfaces of mechanical equipment, such as shaft and motor bearings, sprockets, drive chains, gears, and pulleys, according to specified procedures and oral instructions.
- Fills container, such as oilcan, grease gun, or tank of lubrication truck with specified lubricant
- Squirts or pours oil on moving parts and friction surfaces, or into holes, oil cups, or reservoirs.
- Turns oil cup valves to regulate flow of oil to moving parts.
- Installs grease into bearings with grease-gun, smears grease on friction surfaces, or packs grease cups by hand.
- Ability to monitor, fill and clean oil reservoirs when required
- Reports machinery defects or malfunctions to supervisor.
- Maintain cleanliness of machinery prior to and after lubrication
- Complete required route sheets and work orders related to lubrication routes
- Provide feedback on improvements to routes or equipment and modify / expand lubrication routes as required
- Maintain proper housekeeping and lubricant storage standards
- Maintain lubricant inventory and communicate shortages to supervisor prior to running out.
- Adherence to all plant environmental, health and safety guidelines, policies and practices
- A minimum of ten years experience working in manufacturing environment
- Meticulous with attention to detail
- Experience with preventive, predictive, and reliability-based maintenance practices
- Demonstrated knowledge and skills in hydraulics, lubrication, and mechanical equipment; basic understanding of types of lubricants and application each is suited
- Ability to utilize skills to improve equipment reliability
- Experience reading technical diagrams and schematics
- Experience with vibration analysis and precision alignment a plus
- Ability to work well in high places in excess of 80 feet, use man lifts, and work in confined spaces.
- OSHA 10 General Industry certification and ability to pass Enviva generated hazard recognition test
- Must be willing to complete training as required by Supervisor and specified by Enviva
- Strong verbal and written skills
- Experience with computerized maintenance management system a plus, or manual system, required
- Basic knowledge of Windows, Excel, Word
- Must be able to work in outdoor environments and occasionally in temperatures above 100 degrees and below 32 degrees
- Willing and able to work in a hot, humid, cold and noisy industrial environment
- Willing and able to maintain strict adherence to safety rules and regulations, to include wearing safety equipment.
- Willing and able to perform tasks such as lifting, walking, climbing, stooping, standing, pushing and/or pulling for up to twelve (12) hours a day
- Willing and able to work around moving equipment and machinery
- Willing and able to pull and lift, up to 50 lbs.
- Ability to safely and successfully perform the essential job functions consistent with the ADA, FMLA and other federal, state and local standards, including meeting qualitative and/or quantitative productivity standards.
Enviva is dedicated to the principles of equal employment opportunity (EEO) in any term, condition or privilege of employment. Enviva does not discriminate against applicants or employees on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, age, physical or mental disability, ancestry, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, uniform service member, genetic information or any other status protected by law. Enviva complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which we operate.