The Enviva team is driven by our shared vision for a renewable energy future. We are a fast-growing, purpose-driven, global energy company specializing in delivering sustainable wood bioenergy solutions. We are the world’s largest producer of sustainable wood pellets, which provide a low-carbon alternative to fossil fuels.
The Human Resources Manager will report to the Regional Human Resources Manager and will be an integral part of the global team. The position will serve as the primary Human Resources representation for our Hamlet, NC facility.
The role will implement and manage all human resource policies, labor and employee relations, benefits administration, regulatory compliance, performance management and compensation review. The role will work closely with site leaders to ensure that Human Resources programs and services are executed to support and drive key business objectives. Experience with organizational development is valued since human resources processes require development and evolution as the company continues to grow.
The Human Resources Manager will have the responsibility to:
- Provide hands-on leadership to build and maintain contemporary human resources practices, processes, and systems in support of the Company’s overall competitiveness.
- Monitor the “pulse” of our associates to ensure a high level of engagement.
- Implement employee relations strategies designed to create an environment that drives engagement.
- Investigate associate relations issues, recommend, and execute corrective actions.
- Manage site-level leaves of absence including family medical leave and short-term disability
- Partner with the site operations team, focusing on solutions and strong deliverables that drive our key performance indicators.
- Participate as an integral member of the site’s leadership team, providing advice, coaching and leadership on all matters involving human resources.
- Partner with managers to drive performance management and talent development processes.
- Ensure appropriate and consistent application of policies and procedures.
- Source, select, onboard, and retain associates.
- Manage day-to-day and higher value Human Resources tasks.
- Partner with Community Relations Manager to build a strong community presence.
- Participate in special projects and other Human Resources initiatives needed to meet overall Company, plant, and department objectives.
- Maintain key Human Resources metrics through reporting.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources Management or related field of study, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 5+ years of work experience in Human Resources.
- Work experience in a manufacturing or similar environment required (rapid and complex).
- PHR or SHRM-CP preferred.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Programs.
- Experience with Human Resources Information Systems (HRIS)
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate with all levels of the business.
- Strong organization skills with attention to detail.
- Exercises good judgement with respect to keeping confidential information.
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to write reports
- Working knowledge of non-exempt and exempt workforce.
- Working knowledge of basic employment laws.
- Proven experience resolving associate relations issues.
- Comfortable with a high-volume workload and not afraid to be “boots on the ground.”
- Able to effectively function as the sole Human Resources representative at the site-level.
Enviva is dedicated to the principles of equal employment opportunity (EEO) in any term, condition or privilege of employment. Enviva does not discriminate against applicants or employees on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, age, physical or mental disability, ancestry, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, uniform service member, genetic information or any other status protected by law. Enviva complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which we operate.