The Enviva team is driven by our shared vision for a renewable energy future. We are a fast-growing, purpose-driven, global energy company specializing in delivering sustainable wood bioenergy solutions. We are the world’s largest producer of sustainable wood pellets, which provide a low-carbon alternative to fossil fuels.
Enviva is seeking an assembler who will be responsible for disassembling and reassembling roller sets that have been used at the customer site. This role is also responsible for inspecting and cleaning the bearings and fill out assembly worksheets at our Tooling Services center in Richmond, VA.
- Inspecting roller and bearings for damage upon receipt
- Full disassembly and cleaning of bearings received
- Responsible for replacing worn bearings with new ones using a hydraulic press
- Responsible for the complete assembly of roller shells
- Responsible for accurate and timely completion and submission of assembly worksheets
- Responsible for the preparation of full assembled parts for delivery
- Complete understanding of operating equipment to include but not limited to forklifts
- 12 months experience in operating, loading or unloading equipment
- Strong verbal communication skills
Skills and Abilities
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Ability to visually detect damages and defects on tooling
- Ability to bend, squat, climb stairs and lift items above shoulders occasionally
- Ability to push, pull and lift up items up to 50 pounds on an occasional basis
- Work in all types of weather sometimes temperatures above 100 degrees and below 32 degrees
- Occasionally walk on slippery or uneven surfaces
Noise level in the work environment is frequently loud
Enviva is dedicated to the principles of equal employment opportunity (EEO) in any term, condition or privilege of employment. Enviva does not discriminate against applicants or employees on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, age, physical or mental disability, ancestry, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, uniform service member, genetic information or any other status protected by law. Enviva complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which we operate.