The Enviva team is driven by our shared vision for a renewable energy future. We are a fast-growing, purpose-driven, global energy company specializing in delivering sustainable wood bioenergy solutions. We are the world’s largest producer of sustainable wood pellets, which provide a low-carbon alternative to fossil fuels.
The Quality Lead is responsible for improving the efficiency and effectiveness of ongoing quality by monitoring all operations at the plant that impact the customer specifications. Expectations include maintaining the quality metrics and electronic quality log. Performing special-project tests to either investigate the source of quality problems or study potential quality improvements impacting local, regional, and corporate operations. He/she will accomplish this by identifying opportunities to coordinate, standardize, and centralize processes and tasks critical to the implementation and execution of maintain client specifications.
- Lab Management
- Manage the plant laboratory; supervise, train, and certify operators; manage the sampling and testing of finished goods delivered; maintain test equipment, QA/QC documentation, records, and sample archives.
- Quality Control
- Develop and maintain quality control tools and instructions to guide management of product and ensure effective process troubleshooting; develop, audit, and maintain test procedures; ensure that all test results are timely and accurate.
- Oversee the daily collection and testing of samples.
- Track, and interpret finished goods quality metrics against internal and customer specifications; perform root cause analysis and correction of quality issues.
- Formulate reaction plans for quality issues at the plant as they arise.
- Train & audit employees on quality procedures.
- Quality Assurance
- Develop best practices for handling and preserving pellets during storage.
- Develop and oversee plans for fulfilling customer requirements.
- Manage the proper operation and maintenance of equipment key to the preservation of product quality and safety at the plant.
- Special Projects
- Study the evolution of product from plant to plant in order to improve and optimize operations.
- Perform special-projects tests to either investigate the source of quality problems or to study potential quality improvements.
- BA/BS degree preferred or equivalent work experience
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Sharepoint
- Ability to manage multiple tasks/projects at the same time and be able to respond quickly to changing priorities
- Desire to learn quickly and be challenged to take on higher levels of responsibility
- High degree of professionalism and integrity, holding self and other accountable.
- Flexibility to work odd hours when required to support plant.
- Prior experience working in a Wood Products or other process-based manufacturing company
- Proficiency with database, project management, and replanting processes
- Knowledge of basic statistical analysis methodologies (i.e. hypothesis testing, regression, etc.)
Enviva is dedicated to the principles of equal employment opportunity (EEO) in any term, condition or privilege of employment. Enviva does not discriminate against applicants or employees on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, age, physical or mental disability, ancestry, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, uniform service member, genetic information or any other status protected by law. Enviva complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which we operate.