The Enviva team is driven by our shared vision for a renewable energy future. We are a fast-growing, purpose-driven, global energy company specializing in delivering sustainable wood bioenergy solutions. We are the world’s largest producer of sustainable wood pellets, which provide a low-carbon alternative to fossil fuels.
Enviva is seeking a Director, Enterprise Fiber Procurement. The role will be responsible for the creation and execution of the Fiber sourcing strategy for all regions, setting objectives for all function/direct reports, supervising personnel on Site Sourcing teams, managing wood inventory levels for all facilities and coordinating closely with plant operations. Fiber makes up over 50% of the Enviva Cost Tower and this role is responsible to ensure we stay at or less than market prices.
The Enterprise Director will lead and foster a data-driven approach to develop and sustain a low cost/high margin Fiber Sourcing strategy and ensure its execution, while working closely with the local Pellet Mill Managers and central Sourcing to ensure Safety, Sustainability, Quality/Compliance, Delivery, Cost (SQDC) objectives are met with the utmost integrity.
- Serve as the principal owner responsible for reliable Fiber Supply (including Sourcing) covering mix %, volume, timeliness, and quality requirements to support business goals with emphasis on constant vigilance of external factors such as weather that impact availability and pricing.
- Manage supplier risk, measure supplier improvement, cost-out, inventory management, and continuity of supply to support the assigned plant production strategies in order to maximize the region’s operating margin.
- Ensuring sustainable forest best practices are established and adhered to within the supply chain.
- Developing and implementing short and long-term procurement strategies designed to reduce costs, improve quality and service while meeting company goals and objectives.
- Demonstrating a commitment to partner with the operations team to ensure the right products are delivered at the right time and at the right price.
- Creating/Maintaining KPI’s for process improvement, supplier management and management reporting.
- Working with the team to analyze and report on spend data and supply market dynamics to identify and prioritize sourcing initiatives and publish accurate monthly, quarterly, and annualized forecasts.
- Managing financial submissions (budgets, outlooks, accruals, etc). Look for ways to optimize our staffing, pacing, cash flow and procurement.
- Facilitating an approach to process improvement and cost optimization efforts that leverage principles like Six Sigma, lean, Kaizen and others utilizing tools and approaches like value stream mapping and data analytic tools.
- Ensuring that programs implemented adhere to legal, compliance, and audit requirements.
- Monitoring and reporting trends in local and regional supply dynamics.
- Anticipating company needs and requirements by keeping abreast of market and product trends and developments.
- BS degree required, preferably in supply chain management, engineering, or business with a minimum of 8-10 years’ experience in Sourcing, Purchasing or Supply Chain experience supporting an industrial manufacturing environment
- Background/experience in forestry, natural resources, or related fields a plus
- Demonstrated success managing a team of professionals to ensure accountability, development, and succession planning, preferably in a high growth environment
- Excellent project management skills
- Proficient presentation skills
- Demonstrated proficiency in developing and maintaining supplier relationships
- Ability to travel up to 30-40% and operate in remote outdoor environments
Enviva is dedicated to the principles of equal employment opportunity (EEO) in any term, condition or privilege of employment. Enviva does not discriminate against applicants or employees on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, age, physical or mental disability, ancestry, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, uniform service member, genetic information or any other status protected by law. Enviva complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which we operate.