The Enviva team is driven by our shared vision for a renewable energy future. We are a fast-growing, purpose-driven, global energy company specializing in delivering sustainable wood bioenergy solutions. We are the world’s largest producer of sustainable wood pellets, which provide a low-carbon alternative to fossil fuels.
The Area Manager foresees anything that hinders his/her area from performing at the highest level. The Area Manager maintains a stock of spare parts, tools, foreseeing what is needed if something goes wrong and anything critical needed that affects his/her area of production. Using critical thinking skills, the AM will improve upon anything in his/her area to increase production and reduce cost. The manager will ensure that all employees under his/her direct supervision receive the best knowledge to perform their duties to the highest level of satisfaction an in the safest possible way.
- Responsible for ensuring a safe working environment.
- Responsible for ensuring process and product quality metrics are met.
- Responsible for meeting volume targets.
- Develop and implement Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) as necessary.
- Provide training and development to team members in the area.
- Responsible for ensuring proper maintenance program in place.
- Responsible for all tooling and cost of tooling.
- Responsible for driving continuous improvement efforts.
- Responsible for staffing his/her area.
- Responsible for maintaining his/her set budget.
- Associates or college degree in a STEM field of study or equivalent experience required.
- 5 years working in a manufacturing environment required. Wood industry experience preferred.
- 2 years leadership experience preferred.
- Working knowledge of hydraulics, pneumatics, electrical motors, pumps, fans, blowers, and conveyors required.
- Ability to perform root cause analysis (RCA) required.
- Familiarity with lean manufacturing and process improvement techniques and principles required.
- Excellent communication skills and proficiency using Microsoft Word, Excel and other applications related to the job required.
- Must be able to work in outdoor environments and occasionally in temperatures above 100 degrees and below 32 degrees
- Willing and able to work in a hot, humid, cold and noisy industrial environment
- Willing and able to maintain strict adherence to safety rules and regulations, to include wearing safety equipment.
- Willing and able to perform tasks such as lifting, walking, climbing, stooping, standing, pushing and/or pulling for up to twelve (12) hours a day
- Willing and able to work around moving equipment and machinery
- Willing and able to pull and lift, up to 50 lbs.
- Ability to safely and successfully perform the essential job functions consistent with the ADA, FMLA and other federal, state and local standards, including meeting qualitative and/or quantitative productivity standards.
Enviva is dedicated to the principles of equal employment opportunity (EEO) in any term, condition or privilege of employment. Enviva does not discriminate against applicants or employees on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, age, physical or mental disability, ancestry, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, uniform service member, genetic information or any other status protected by law. Enviva complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which we operate.