The Enviva team is driven by our shared vision for a renewable energy future. We are a fast-growing, purpose-driven, global energy company specializing in delivering sustainable wood bioenergy solutions. We are the world’s largest producer of sustainable wood pellets, which provide a low-carbon alternative to fossil fuels.
The Regional Quality Manager will oversee regional quality activities at both production facilities and port storage facilities, working with suppliers, corporate and regional staff, the sales and marketing team, and customers to ensure the highest level of customer satisfaction while helping the plants to optimize value and eliminate waste. The Regional Quality Manager will serve as the senior technical resource for quality and process optimization within the region and will interact directly with both Enviva’s principal customers and the senior executive staff within Enviva.
- Lead raw material and finished goods supplier quality control and continuous improvement programs.
- Lead customer interactions, including management of customer issues and associated corrective actions.
- Lead new product development and special studies within the region.
- Oversee the implementation and adherence to the company’s Quality Management System at each of the region’s plants and laboratories, including:
- - Standards and best practices development and deployment
- - Certification programs
- - Quality assurance and quality control plans
- Develop and deploy tools and methods to ensure quality throughout all plants in the region.
- Supervise and continuously improve the effectiveness of the quality teams throughout the region.
- Monitor, analyze, and report on regional quality key performance indicators (KPIs) to the executive management team; review and drive improvement of quality KPIs at the plants.
- Analyze, forecast, and manage the blended product quality of bulk products shipped from multiple production facilities and the commingled in combined storage.
- Ensure that blended bulk product quality will continuously meet customer specifications.
- Oversee quality control operations at the shipping port and work with the sales team to maximize profits for multi-million dollar shipments (approx. 2 per month).
- Analyze, manage, approve and monitor opportunities for optimization cost of quality and production across the region.
- Provide expert assistance and training to plants in problem solving, data analysis, sampling and testing methods, and quality assurance / quality control tools and systems.
- Drive development and sharing of best practices within the region and in coordination with other regions.
- BS in Engineering or Mathematics required, MS preferred.
- 7+ years’ experience on a production line; wood products or similar manufacturing experience preferred.
- Expert knowledge of Excel and Word.
- Experience with databases, statistical process control and/or data analysis tools.
- Must understand the concepts of quality assurance and quality control and be able to interpret and perform calculations on data; must be competent in statistical analysis, Lean, and Six-Sigma.
- Proven history of identifying and eliminating waste and improving plant processes.
- Well organized, efficient, and able to multi-task.
- Able to communicate effectively with senior executives and key customers.
- Able to lead and motivate plant operators as well as senior plant staff.
- Able to troubleshoot and improve manufacturing processes.
Enviva is dedicated to the principles of equal employment opportunity (EEO) in any term, condition or privilege of employment. Enviva does not discriminate against applicants or employees on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, age, physical or mental disability, ancestry, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, uniform service member, genetic information or any other status protected by law. Enviva complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which we operate.