The Enviva team is driven by our shared vision for a renewable energy future. We are a fast-growing, purpose-driven, global energy company specializing in delivering sustainable wood bioenergy solutions. We are the world’s largest producer of sustainable wood pellets, which provide a low-carbon alternative to fossil fuels.
The Development Engineer will drive the day-to-day development tasks for a set of targeted capital projects from the intake/initiation phase through the detailed design phase of their lifecycle for handoff to construction. The Development Engineer may also own portions of the engineering through project close out. The Project Development Engineer must be an excellent collaborator with all the functions associated with the development of projects.
- Ensure that all work, in and out of projects, and both external and internal project resources, is generated with safe work in mind to support a safe workplace.
- Plan and coordinate the execution of pre-project activities associated with the preparation of Capital Projects.
- Responsible for the development of project scopes, schedules, and budgetary estimates
- Resolves complex planning, design, and construction project-related issues
- Provides information and analysis of project issues
- Review status and overall planning, design, and construction project progress relative to submittal schedules. Reviews project through all development phases, and assesses status, progress and potential.
- Reviews and verifies contractor scopes, fees and applications for payment and performs overall development engineering of multiple projects.
- Develops and recommends internal policies and procedures.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering and minimum five (5) years of manufacturing and/or process engineering industry experience.
- Minimum five (5) years of capital project experience.
- Must be a driver of action.
- Strong project engineering background and acumen
- Working knowledge of Process / Value Stream Mapping and FMEA.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Project with the ability to learn other applications related to the job.
Preferred Qualifications - What Will Set You Apart
- PE License
- Six Sigma Certification (GB or BB)
- Lean/Continuous Improvement experience
- Experience in Construction / EPC contracts
- Experience in wood processing
- Moderate travel 25-40%, project dependent
- Plant site, Raleigh office, remote
- The physical demands include ability to walk around job sites in construction, up scaffolding, and over rough ground.
Enviva is dedicated to the principles of equal employment opportunity (EEO) in any term, condition or privilege of employment. Enviva does not discriminate against applicants or employees on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, age, physical or mental disability, ancestry, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, uniform service member, genetic information or any other status protected by law. Enviva complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which we operate.