The Enviva team is driven by our shared vision for a renewable energy future. We are a fast-growing, purpose-driven, global energy company specializing in delivering sustainable wood bioenergy solutions. We are the world’s largest producer of sustainable wood pellets, which provide a low-carbon alternative to fossil fuels.
Based out of our Operational Headquarters in Raleigh, NC, this position is an integral part of the Total Rewards leadership team and broader Human Capital team. This role reports to the Director, Total Rewards, and will have one direct report.
- Direct all global compensation, executive compensation and equity programs and policies, including base, short-term and long-term incentive compensation, equity administration, market pricing, job architecture, and annual salary budget decisions.
- Drive the annual merit, bonus, and equity processes, partnering with internal teams within Operations, Human Capital and beyond to successfully execute a broad-based compensation strategy.
- Develop and implement compensation communications, education/training materials, plan documents and reporting analytics.
- Oversee the collection of wage, salary, and incentive survey data to ensure the compensation and equity programs/objectives are appropriately managed for local compliance, internal equity, and external competitiveness.
- Conduct ongoing research for improving effectiveness of compensation and equity plans as it relates to market competitiveness to attract and retain associates and drive company performance.
- Partner with key internal and external partners to deliver on various regulatory filings and requirements and ensure compensation and equity programs remain SOX compliant (executing, evaluating, and improving controls with Internal Audit, as necessary).
- Participate in preparing analysis, discussions, recommendations, and supporting materials for presentations to executive leadership, board of directors, compensations committee, etc.
- Lead, develop and inspire your team to achieve both business and individual goals through our annual goal planning and talent management process.
- Participate in a monthly Total Rewards KPI review, leading compensation & equity data analytics.
- Assist with M&A integrations, internal development planning, and salary budgeting for new/proposed facilities and roles.
- Advise SVP of Human Capital and executive management on compensation and equity programs.
- Experience with international markets a plus.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Statistics, Business Administration, Economics, Finance, or Human Resources with a minimum of seven years’ of experience in Compensation.
- Extensive knowledge of compensation, specifically base pay architecture and short and long-term incentive plan design/administration.
- Experience with HR technologies, specifically HRIS systems (including UKGPro, formerly UltiPro), compensation modules, and benchmarking tools.
- Experience with MS Excel and developing data-based presentations in MS PowerPoint.
- Knowledge of relevant Federal, State, Local laws/regulations relating to Compensation.
- Ability and desire to work in a high-growth fast-paced environment.
- Strong project management skills with the ability to lead large compensation-based projects with/without a compensation system.
Preferred Qualifications - What Will Set You Apart
- Certified Compensation Professional (CCP) or SHRM Certification Requirements.
Enviva is dedicated to the principles of equal employment opportunity (EEO) in any term, condition or privilege of employment. Enviva does not discriminate against applicants or employees on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, age, physical or mental disability, ancestry, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, uniform service member, genetic information or any other status protected by law. Enviva complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which we operate.