The Enviva team is driven by our shared vision for a renewable energy future. We are a fast-growing, purpose-driven, global energy company specializing in delivering sustainable wood bioenergy solutions. We are the world’s largest producer of sustainable wood pellets, which provide a low-carbon alternative to fossil fuels.
The Mechanical Supervisor is expected to have acquired the qualities, skills, and abilities listed below to excel on the job.
Plant Maintenance Program:
- Responsible for the safe, efficient, environmentally compliant and effective management of all maintenance work requests from Operations and other support groups.
- Provides oversight of staff of maintenance technicians and contract maintenance providers.
- Responsible for contractor safety & coordinates all outside contractor work programs.
- Ensures that internal customers receive timely, quality service so production requirements are met.
- Manages the plant maintenance program based on best practices in the wood processing industry with an emphasis on preventive/predictive maintenance.
- Works with operations to establish maintenance work priorities, daily/weekly maintenance work schedule, and to establish plant outage work plans and schedules.
- Tracks and reviews maintenance spending to ensure compliance with plant maintenance budget.
- Seeks and brings forward opportunities to reduce cost and improve efficiencies.
- Ensures compliance of maintenance practices and procedures to meet city, state, and federal regulatory requirements.
- Participates in operational performance objective setting, development of Key Performance Indicators and participates in business performance reviews.
- Conducts employee performance reviews based on job descriptions to determine competency, knowledge, and contribution of the maintenance technicians.
- In collaboration with Engineering Manager, tracks and reviews plant reliability, initiates and implements improvement actions to reduce performance losses such as downtime, changeover time, and scrap.
- Tracks, analyzes and leads efforts to improve key maintenance parameters such as asset utilization, maintenance cost, PM compliance, schedule compliance, etc.
- Assists with hiring and development of maintenance personnel.
- Maintains and updates operating and training manuals for the maintenance department.
- Ensures the maintenance technicians are adequately trained, equipped, and motivated so the maintenance program can be accomplished in a safe, timely, and cost-effective manner.
- Supervises, coaches, and develops the maintenance staff.
- High School Diploma or G.E.D certificate with four or more years of progressive and practical experience in at least one or more of the skilled trades previously described.
- Ability to effectively accomplish diverse skilled work in the repair and maintenance of equipment relative to the operation of a pellet plant.
- Equipment includes but is not limited to motors, gearboxes, conveyors, fans and pumps.
- Effectiveness in prioritizing assigned duties and evaluating the work of personnel.
- Outstanding skills for offering training and leadership to staff for them to be able to successfully carry out diverse duties associated with the daily maintenance tasks related to the operation of a Pellet Plant.
- Ability to interpret, illustrate, and apply regulation codes and rules.
- Ability to carry out operations safely and efficiently; utilize diverse assigned appliances and tools.
- Outstanding ability to interpret sketches, blueprints, shop drawings, and work orders to other personnel
- Must be able to work in outdoor environments and occasionally in temperatures above 100 degrees and below 32 degrees
- Willing and able to work in a hot, humid, cold and noisy industrial environment
- Willing and able to maintain strict adherence to safety rules and regulations, to include wearing safety equipment.
- Willing and able to perform tasks such as lifting, walking, climbing, stooping, standing, pushing and/or pulling for up to twelve (12) hours a day
- Willing and able to work around moving equipment and machinery
- Willing and able to pull and lift, up to 50 lbs.
- Ability to safely and successfully perform the essential job functions consistent with the ADA and other federal, state and local standards, including meeting qualitative and/or quantitative productivity standards.
Enviva is dedicated to the principles of equal employment opportunity (EEO) in any term, condition or privilege of employment. Enviva does not discriminate against applicants or employees on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, age, physical or mental disability, ancestry, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, uniform service member, genetic information or any other status protected by law. Enviva complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which we operate.