The Enviva team is driven by our shared vision for a renewable energy future. We are a fast-growing, purpose-driven, global energy company specializing in delivering sustainable wood bioenergy solutions. We are the world’s largest producer of sustainable wood pellets, which provide a low-carbon alternative to fossil fuels.
The Maritime Operations Manager will work alongside the Sales and Portfolio Management team to execute and optimize the shipping schedule of deliveries to customers worldwide. Enviva manages an increasingly large portfolio of shipping contracts, with over 90 vessels per year and expected to more than double in the next three years. The Maritime Operations Manager will be responsible for activities related to shipping operations, from vessel nominations through completion of discharge.
- Partner with Director of Maritime Operations to manage day to day vessel operations for European, Caribbean and Asian based customers, intra-European shipments and shipments originating from third party suppliers worldwide.
- Execute vessel nominations with all relevant counterparties, including Ship Owners, customers and other suppliers.
- Liaise with ports to define optimal loading plan.
- Manage information flow with agents, ports, surveyors, brokers, shipowners, customers and internal stakeholders on vessel schedules and operations.
- Work with legal team to resolve all issues related to vessel operations, prior to loading, during loading, sailing, and during discharge.
- Coordinate with Accounting and Treasury to plan the Accounts Receivable and Accounts Payable.
- Approve all shipping documents for each vessel.
- Approve laytime calculations and port disbursement accounts with Ship Owners and Customers.
- Approve all shipping related invoicing with both Ship Owners and Customers.
- Assist sales team in forecasting of shipping related costs.
- Maintain strong working relationships with Ship Owners and customer counterparts.
- Manage non-standard overseas transportation requirements such as shipment of smaller samples in containers.
- Review all shipping related items for new sales and shipping contracts. Ensure shipping terms are either aligned and where not factored into cost implications.
- Assist sales and business development teams find solutions to operational challenges in existing and new port locations.
- 2-3 years of professional maritime transportation/operations management experience within the commercial shipping industry.
- BA/BS degree in logistics management, finance, business administration, or related field.
- Ability to work with colleagues across multiple disciplines and in geographically dispersed locations.
- Ability to work under pressure, manage multiple projects with competing priorities, meet deadlines, and adapt to change within a growing company.
- Analytical, process and results oriented with strong focus on orderliness, structure, and planning.
- Strong attention to detail and strong writing, verbal communication skills.
- Strong computer skills are necessary, proficiency in Excel highly preferred.
- High level of personal integrity and commitment to ethical business practices.
Preferred Qualifications - What Will Set You Apart
- An ambitious team player who is detail-oriented, curious and encompasses company values of integrity, accountability, determination and discipline.
- Travel, as required, to Enviva ports and plants during customer visits.
Enviva is dedicated to the principles of equal employment opportunity (EEO) in any term, condition or privilege of employment. Enviva does not discriminate against applicants or employees on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, age, physical or mental disability, ancestry, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, uniform service member, genetic information or any other status protected by law. Enviva complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which we operate.