The Enviva team is driven by our shared vision for a renewable energy future. We are a fast-growing, purpose-driven, global energy company specializing in delivering sustainable wood bioenergy solutions. We are the world’s largest producer of sustainable wood pellets, which provide a low-carbon alternative to fossil fuels.
- Directs, supervises, and motivates all line supervisory functions, ensuring overall plant morale is conducive to safe and productive operations.
- Provides the necessary vehicles for communication between production staff and the various members of plant management to ensure a free flow of information for optimum operation, teamwork, knowledge, and enforcement of corporate, divisional, and local policies as described and outlined by the plant manager.
- Responsible for hourly new hire recruiting and administration including new hire training, ensuring new employees are fully trained before working on the floor; administering consistent policies and discipline measures, maintaining documentation on employee performance and accountability to drive performance.
- Appraises performance of supervisory staff and ensures that all hourly reviews are completed in an accurate and timely manner.
- Assists the Plant Manager in establishing operational objectives and strategies for attaining goals and targets for meeting corporate and divisional safety, quality/service and overall productivity improvements.
- Ensures compliance with workplace safety programs (OSHA etc.) and organizing and cross-training worker teams for maximum production flexibility.
- Implements best manufacturing practices and supports Lean Management practices (5’s, Kaizen, SQDC, Gemba activities).
- Develops production schedules and duty assignments, making strategic decisions as necessary to alter programs when time or budget limitations are reached.
- Assists Maintenance Manager and Team Leaders in the repair and upkeep for all plant equipment to assure minimal disruption to production activities: pellet mill, hammer mill, dryer are some of the key areas.
- Sets the standard for the manufacture of high-quality production with outstanding responsiveness to customer needs and concerns.
- Monitors every stage of production, analyzing current methods and developing new ways to save steps, time and materials in order to reduce costs.
- Initiates and implements programs to control inventory, improve efficiency and increase production to enhance value to the company.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Forestry, Wood Sciences, or related field is preferred.
- 7+ years of supervisory experience in a production environment, preferably in the wood products industry, with lean six sigma manufacturing experience required.
- Strong leadership skills and excellent analytical and problem-solving skills are essential.
- Proven track record of hiring, training, and managing staff to meet company objectives.
- Must be able to prioritize tasks in a 24x7 operations environment and have strong attention to detail.
- Excellent communication skills and proficiency using Microsoft Word, Excel and other applications related to the job.
- Must be able to work in outdoor environments and occasionally in temperatures above 100 degrees and below 32 degrees
- Willing and able to work in a hot, humid, cold and noisy industrial environment
- Willing and able to maintain strict adherence to safety rules and regulations, to include wearing safety equipment.
Enviva is dedicated to the principles of equal employment opportunity (EEO) in any term, condition or privilege of employment. Enviva does not discriminate against applicants or employees on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, age, physical or mental disability, ancestry, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, uniform service member, genetic information or any other status protected by law. Enviva complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which we operate.