The Enviva team is driven by our shared vision for a renewable energy future. We are a fast-growing, purpose-driven, global energy company specializing in delivering sustainable wood bioenergy solutions. We are the world’s largest producer of sustainable wood pellets, which provide a low-carbon alternative to fossil fuels.
As a critical member of the Accounting team, the Plant Controller will be responsible for the financial control and reporting of the financial position of all plant operations. This position serves as the primary point of contact for all accounting matters related to the plant.
Financial Analysis and General Ledger Accounting
- Provide the financial leadership and decision support analysis necessary to maintain and improve profit margins.
- Responsible for all aspects of the month end close including the preparation of account reconciliations, the analysis of P&L fluctuations and the reporting of monthly financial statements.
- Develop and prepare financial and operational measurements and key performance indicators (KPIs) for incorporation into weekly and monthly operations reporting.
- Oversee adherence to accounting policies in consultation with the corporate finance team.
- Coordinate the plant’s annual budget process as well as monthly and quarterly revenue and profitability forecasting.
Capital Projects, Fixed Assets, and Inventory
- Monitor and account for all capital projects, including the timely capture of all project commitments and the presentation of projections against budget to senior managers.
- Oversee the entire inventory cycle from the purchase of raw materials to the storage of finished goods.
- Manage all plant procurement and ensure that controls are in place to capture liabilities when goods are received, or services are rendered.
- Identify accruals, prepaid expenses, capital purchases and variances from budget as part of the month-end close process.
- Prepare and/or coordinate the filing of all state and local tax returns including, but not limited to, sales and use taxes.
Internal Controls and Other Projects
- Ensure that SOX controls are followed, and appropriate documentation is retained.
- Provide leadership on specific projects and other tasks as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in accounting, finance, or related quantitative field
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in a manufacturing organization; previous plant controllership experience highly preferred.
- Proven ability to manage and lead direct reports
- Attention to detail and high level of accuracy; Ability to follow up on pending issues and meet tight deadlines
- Ability to drive business operating results.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Expert knowledge of Excel, Word and accounting systems is required.
- Demonstrated ability to plan and organize work activities, manage time efficiently and follow policies and procedures.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite and accounting software (i.e. Microsoft Dynamics, SAP, or similar ERP system).
- Ability to maintain confidentiality concerning financial data.
Preferred Qualifications - What Will Set You Apart
- Meticulous and self-motivated individual with good interpersonal skills
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong leader with an ability to develop others on the team
- Minimal travel may be required to other Enviva plant locations.
- Willing and able to work an industrial environment.
- Willing and able to maintain strict adherence to safety rules and regulations, to include wearing safety equipment as needed.
Enviva is dedicated to the principles of equal employment opportunity (EEO) in any term, condition or privilege of employment. Enviva does not discriminate against applicants or employees on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, age, physical or mental disability, ancestry, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, uniform service member, genetic information or any other status protected by law. Enviva complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which we operate.