The Enviva team is driven by our shared vision for a renewable energy future. We are a fast-growing, purpose-driven, global energy company specializing in delivering sustainable wood bioenergy solutions. We are the world’s largest producer of sustainable wood pellets, which provide a low-carbon alternative to fossil fuels.
The Production Technician – Control Cab is responsible for equipment productivity and product quality on assigned production equipment. Operates machinery in accordance with standard operating procedures and safety/quality standards. Other specific duties include analyzing production data and implementing improvements in the areas of safety, uptime, quality, energy consumption, tool change cycle times and other operational metrics.
Identify or prevent mechanical/electrical failures through visual observations, listening techniques, equipment tests, preventive maintenance, and safety inspections
- Effectively and safely performs chipper blade changeovers
- Operate control cab in accordance with production and safety requirements, ensuring that production standards are effectively met
- Identify process abnormalities & communicate conditions to the Production Manager
- Demonstrate overall mechanical/electrical aptitude and/or knowledge and training
- Ensure that proper inventory rotation requirements are achieved
- Start up and shut down systems in proper order
- Perform required maintenance inspections on applicable woodyard equipment.
- Ensure quality standards are maintained
- Demonstrate high level of technical knowledge regarding entire woodyard operations.
- Perform required housekeeping responsibilities
- Complete and process required production and general paperwork
- Effectively and professionally oversees woodyard operations, orchestrating all activities to ensure that production times and quality are achieved; take responsibility to ensure woodyard employees comply with work requirements
- Associate degree, Diploma from a Technical College or Trade School or High School diploma in a technical field with a minimum of 2 or more years of industry experience
- Valid driver’s license
- A mechanical aptitude, a can-do attitude, ability to work with maintenance and production functions, and an understanding of production urgency
Preferred Qualifications - What Will Set You Apart
- Working knowledge of wood yard operation is a definite plus.
- Previous mechanical, hydraulics, electrical, and automation systems experience in heavy industrial equipment of process industry such as chemicals, pulp and paper, and Oriented Strand Board (OSB) mill operations is a plus
- Must be able to work in an environment regularly working near moving, mechanical parts in a high noise and dusty environment
- Must be able to work in outdoor environments and occasionally in temperatures above 100 degrees and below 32 degrees
- Willing and able to work in a hot, humid, cold and noisy industrial environment
- Willing and able to maintain strict adherence to safety rules and regulations, to include wearing safety equipment.
- Willing and able to perform tasks such as lifting, walking, climbing, stooping, standing, pushing and/or pulling for up to twelve (12) hours a day
- Willing and able to work around moving equipment and machinery
- Willing and able to pull and lift, up to 50 lbs.
- Willing and able to work in high, precarious places up to elevations of 100 feet
- Ability to safely and successfully perform the essential job functions consistent with the ADA, FMLA and other federal, state and local standards, including meeting qualitative and/or quantitative productivity standards.
Enviva is dedicated to the principles of equal employment opportunity (EEO) in any term, condition or privilege of employment. Enviva does not discriminate against applicants or employees on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, age, physical or mental disability, ancestry, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, uniform service member, genetic information or any other status protected by law. Enviva complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which we operate.