The Enviva team is driven by our shared vision for a renewable energy future. We are a fast-growing, purpose-driven, global energy company specializing in delivering sustainable wood bioenergy solutions. We are the world’s largest producer of sustainable wood pellets, which provide a low-carbon alternative to fossil fuels.
Enviva is seeking a Tooling Technician. This position will have indirect authority over pellet mill operations and responsibility for all tooling management.
- Determine mill PM schedule on a daily basis and schedule accordingly
- Set up mill correctly according to run specs
- Determine proper tools and parts needed before a mill PM or changeover and stage them accordingly
- Coordinate mill setup activities with pellet operators, train and assist in mill changeovers and setup
- Develop SOPs for proper mill setup and ancillary tasks to reduce pellet to pellet
- Responsible for tooling tracking, inventory and maintenance repair tagging
- Track changeover and setup times daily and drive corrective actions to support the team
- Train pellet mill operators to make decisions confidently on run/repair/scrap
- Validation of mill return to production effectiveness and reliability
- Schedule any mill service activity needed on night shift and maintains relations with OEM
- High school diploma or GED required.
- Ability to understand and follow written and verbal job instructions.
- Be a team player; work well with others.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and written procedures.
- Be productive and stay on task with little or no supervision.
- Knowledge of plant hazards and approaches to protecting both personnel and equipment.
- Experience using basic hand tools.
- Basic computer skills; experience in the use of personal computers and software applications
- Must possess basic math skills.
- Associates degree or higher education
- Prior experience leading others in a manufacturing environment
- Team based production system experience (TPS)
- Must be able to work in outdoor environments and occasionally in temperatures above 100 degrees and below 32 degrees
- Willing and able to work in a hot, humid, cold and noisy industrial environment
- Willing and able to maintain strict adherence to safety rules and regulations, to include wearing safety equipment.
- Willing and able to perform tasks such as lifting, walking, climbing, stooping, standing, pushing and/or pulling for up to twelve (12) hours a day
- Willing and able to work around moving equipment and machinery
- Willing and able to pull and lift, up to 50 lbs.
- Ability to safely and successfully perform the essential job functions consistent with the ADA, FMLA and other federal, state and local standards, including meeting qualitative and/or quantitative productivity standards.
Enviva is dedicated to the principles of equal employment opportunity (EEO) in any term, condition or privilege of employment. Enviva does not discriminate against applicants or employees on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, age, physical or mental disability, ancestry, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, uniform service member, genetic information or any other status protected by law. Enviva complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which we operate.