The Enviva team is driven by our shared vision for a renewable energy future. We are a fast-growing, purpose-driven, global energy company specializing in delivering sustainable wood bioenergy solutions. We are the world’s largest producer of sustainable wood pellets, which provide a low-carbon alternative to fossil fuels.
Enviva is seeking a Sr. Manager, Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion. As a member of the leadership team, the Sr. Manager, Diversity, Equity and Inclusion (DE&I) will advance the Company’s commitment to fostering a high performance company that leverages diversity of thought, background, and identity in its employees to further our company mission of displacing coal, fighting climate change, and growing more trees. Forging a shared sense of responsibility among our employees and corporate stakeholders will be an essential element in realizing this larger goal. This position will report directly to the Vice President of Equity, Inclusion and Impact (VPEII), and will support the execution of the company’s strategy for inclusive operational excellence.
- Support the VPEII and other senior leaders in setting diversity strategy for the company.
- Work with HR to recruit and retain candidates of diverse backgrounds not traditionally represented in most corporate energy and manufacturing workforces.
- Partner with VPEII to update and deliver annual diversity plan to the leadership key stakeholders.
- Develop and operationalize initiatives, benchmarks and appropriate metrics aligned with the diversity strategy and plans to ensure their success.
- Act as a leadership voice in enabling and ensuring Enviva adheres to its values and is an inclusive company for all stakeholders.
- Convene appropriate leaders from across departments to develop and execute diversity and inclusion programming and initiatives for diverse audiences. Ensure successful execution of this programming.
- Serve as the key point of contact and resource for coordinated response to issues that may arise within the community and/or company as appropriate and proactively work to address potential issues.
- Coordinate and maintain diversity website, blogs and other social media.
- Promote a company climate and culture that incorporates cultural competency and continuous learning about multiple varieties of human difference.
- Build and sustain authentic, collaborative working relationships with external diverse communities, partners, and stakeholders to help inform Enviva’s inclusion & diversity efforts.
- Maintain and promote best practices, benchmarking, and current trends in inclusion & diversity; ensure that evidence-based research is used to inform excellence in program and policy development.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent years of relevant professional experience.
- Minimum 10+ years of work experience, with at least 5+ years working directly within the Diversity, Equity & Inclusion space.
- Experience leading institutional initiatives, building programs, and promoting diversity in a complex, decentralized environment.
- Successful track record in strengthening inclusion and diversity through proactive recruitment, training, and inspirational change management.
- Demonstrated success in the areas of strategic planning, assessment, evidence-based decision making, talent development, and budget management.
- Expertise in the professional discipline of diversity and diversity management as it relates to societally significant differences including, but not limited to, race and ethnicity, gender and gender identity, sexual-orientation, age, religion, disability, socio-economic status, political affiliation, country of origin, and immigration status.
- Experience building consensus and fostering collaboration among members of a global organization to engage in collective action.
- Strong analytical skills including the ability to digest and apply relevant research and data.
- Strong conceptual skills with the ability to leverage creative and innovation approaches to complex issues.
- Courageous constitution with the capacity to develop and promote bold strategy and the willingness to stand with leadership when it is the right thing to do.
- Results-focus that fosters transformative change that aligns with Enviva’s mission and values.
- Ability to communicate effectively with diverse audiences across differences of power and position.
- Ability to influence, persuade, and gain the confidence and respect of multiple diverse stakeholders.
- Ability to travel ~ 25%; primarily to Enviva's other sites/facilities
- Significant understanding and/or experience with Human Resource management in the corporate context.
Enviva is dedicated to the principles of equal employment opportunity (EEO) in any term, condition or privilege of employment. Enviva does not discriminate against applicants or employees on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, age, physical or mental disability, ancestry, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, uniform service member, genetic information or any other status protected by law. Enviva complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which we operate.