The Enviva team is driven by our shared vision for a renewable energy future. We are a fast-growing, purpose-driven, global energy company specializing in delivering sustainable wood bioenergy solutions. We are the world’s largest producer of sustainable wood pellets, which provide a low-carbon alternative to fossil fuels.
The Finance Systems Managers reports to the Director, Finance Technology and is responsible for supporting improvements in the functional design, training and usage of technology applications and analytics across the enterprise. This newly created position will collaborate with users and business leaders of the organization to support and train users of all finance systems used by the organization.
A successful candidate is proficient and experienced in bridging the languages of technology and business and adept at understanding the inter-relationships between systems, software and business processes. This role will provide functional support and assistance to users of our Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) Microsoft Dynamics AX 2012 system personally or in conjunction with the Technology Solution Center and Enterprise Applications teams. This role will be a key contributor to the implementation of Dynamics 365 Finance and Operations that is underway and will also lead the development of a complete training program for the application.
- Develop training resources and materials to users and work with vendors to provide and keep up to date for all applications
- Primary contact for functional support and assistance to Dynamics AX end users to ensure reliable and efficient business operations and to provide 24 x 7 supports when required
- Collaborates with Dynamics AX team and consultants to facilitate communication and understanding of business processes and system functionality
- Understands business requirements and documents any workaround solutions for functions and processes creating issues
- System setups and light configuration as required for new companies and changes to existing functionality
- Maintain documentation and standards (translate business knowledge to functional requirements)
- Provide production functional support and maintenance for all enterprise systems including ERP, Fiber, Travel and other reporting and analytics systems for Operations, and others as directed.
- For acquired companies and newly built locations, ensure all applications and analytics are implemented and integrated successfully.
- Support small and medium sized change initiatives including definition or refinement of Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP), Customer Relationship Management (CRM), BI/Analytics, Intranet, Document Management, and other core processes as enabled by technology. These will be both “off the shelf” and custom-built applications.
- Continuously ensure the use of IT applications provide effective and efficient operation of Enviva’s business processes.
- Collaborate with business stakeholders on the development, release, and management of user facing, viable, technology enabled solutions.
- Partner with business stakeholders to ensure User Acceptance Testing (UAT) is completed accurately and includes all affected functionality
- Support adoption of IT technologies across the manufacturing enterprise that improve sustainability and operational capability.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, MIS or related field.
- 5+ years of experience of supporting or working directly with financial systems; including system implementation and system auditing experience.
- 3+ years of experience in managing and executing training programs
- Excellent understanding of finance and accounting business processes within a large complex public company
- Strong skills in problem solving including but not limited to the ability to identify and appropriately evaluate a course of action
- Proficiency at learning and analyzing business processes and requirements
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; proven ability to communicate complex topics and concepts to a wide and diverse audience, including meeting facilitation and presentations
- Understanding of Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX) compliance for publicly traded companies, reporting requirements and other reports for tracking and decision making
- Ability to maintain up-to-date knowledge on technology trends and to recommend innovative technologies to improve the technology infrastructure
- Experienced working with SaaS and cloud-based applications, analytics and environments
- Microsoft Dynamics AX or D365 F&O experience emphasis on Financials (GL, AR, AP, FA, BR, PA) preferred
- Relevant experience in manufacturing, industrial, or energy industries preferred
- Up to 10% domestic travel to Enviva facilities. Occasional international travel may be required depending on future business needs.
- Normal office hours – however, could be longer hours when business requires. This position will assume a shared responsibility of ensuring applications are available 24x7x365.
Enviva is dedicated to the principles of equal employment opportunity (EEO) in any term, condition or privilege of employment. Enviva does not discriminate against applicants or employees on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, age, physical or mental disability, ancestry, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, uniform service member, genetic information or any other status protected by law. Enviva complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which we operate.