The Enviva team is driven by our shared vision for a renewable energy future. We are a fast-growing, purpose-driven, global energy company specializing in delivering sustainable wood bioenergy solutions. We are the world’s largest producer of sustainable wood pellets, which provide a low-carbon alternative to fossil fuels.
The Safety Coordinator is responsible for improving the efficiency and effectiveness of Corporate, Regional, and Site EH&S Teams. They will accomplish this by identifying opportunities to coordinate, standardize, and centralize processes and tasks critical to the implementation and execution of the EH&S Management System. The Safety Coordinator will administer, automate, or improve these processes and tasks, enabling acceleration of the EH&S Management system implementation, and allowing Corporate, Regional, and EH&S Management to focus on more complex activities.
- Track and analyze EH&S Key Performance Indicators
- Plan, schedule, coordinate, and assist in the execution and documentation of EH&S risk identification and assessment activities
- Compile reports necessary to meet EH&S regulatory requirements
- Monitor the completion of EH&S regulatory compliance tasks
- Assist in the development, deployment, and monitoring of Safe Work Practices such as LOTO, Confined Space Entry, and Hot Work.
- Assist in the development, delivery, and documentation of EH&S training for employees and contractors
- Assist in the documentation, investigation, and administration of EH&S near miss and incident reporting processes
- Administer and report on the EH&S assessment and audit processes
- Track and verify incident corrective actions
- BA/BS in EH&S Management or similar degree
- 2-3+ years' experience in similar role
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and SharePoint
- Ability to manage multiple tasks/projects at the same time and be able to respond quickly to changing priorities
- Desire to learn quickly and be challenged to take on higher levels of responsibility
- Willingness to challenge the status quo and question leadership
- High degree of professionalism and integrity
- Willingness to confront team members and hold them accountable
- Desire to receive constructive feedback from other team members
Preferred Qualifications - What will set you apart
- Project Management experience
- Prior experience working in a Wood Products or other process-based manufacturing company
- Knowledge of Task Based Curriculum Development methodology
- Completion of OSHA General Industry/Construction/Maritime or NFPA training courses
- Knowledge of Machine Guarding, LOTO, Confined Space, Industrial Hygiene, Mobile Equipment, PSM/PHA, NFPA 70e, Combustible Dust (NFPA 68, 69, 652, 654) and Fire Safety
- Proficiency with database, project management, and reporting processes
- Willingness to travel domestically up to 75%
Enviva is dedicated to the principles of equal employment opportunity (EEO) in any term, condition or privilege of employment. Enviva does not discriminate against applicants or employees on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, age, physical or mental disability, ancestry, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, uniform service member, genetic information or any other status protected by law. Enviva complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which we operate.