The Enviva team is driven by our shared vision for a renewable energy future. We are a fast-growing, purpose-driven, global energy company specializing in delivering sustainable wood bioenergy solutions. We are the world’s largest producer of sustainable wood pellets, which provide a low-carbon alternative to fossil fuels.
The Maintenance Technician – Electrical & Controls assists in the production process and leads troubleshooting and repair of electrical, controls, and some mechanical aspects of production and facilities equipment on assigned shifts. This position provides technical support to Production Technicians, analyzes production data, and implements improvements in the areas of safety, uptime, quality, energy consumption, tool change cycle times, and other operational metrics.
- Troubleshoot and understand ladder logic and programs for Allen Bradley RS Logix 5000 and Human Machine Interface (HMI) usin Wonderware 10.0. to improve equipment performance
- Program and troubleshoot with DeviceNet; ControlNet and Flex I/O is a plus
- Install, troubleshoot, and repair Variable Frequency Drive (VFD), Softsatart SMC Fles, E3 Plus Overloads, Mulit-mode fiber, and Managed Switches
- Wire, troubleshoot, and repair 480V and 4160V electrical distribution equipment
- Support the production team in improvements to all aspects of production as needed, including operating equipment as needed and:
- Responsible for equipment productivity and product quality on assigned production equipment
- Monitor production process operating parameters control room and makes appropriate adjustments to ensure safe and efficient equipment performance
- Ensure QC lab equipment is properly calibrated before us and reports abnormalities to the production manager
- Monitor and adjust production control room operating parameters to ensure target safety, quality, and productivity targets
- Participate in root cause problem solving and equipment performance improvement efforts to maintain target OEE levels
- Associate degree, Diploma from a Technical College or Trade School or High School diploma in a technical field
- A minimum of 4 years experience in PLC programming and working with automated devices and electrical distribution equipment
- Valid driver’s license
- Must be able to work in outdoor environments and occasionally in temperatures above 100 degrees and below 32 degrees
- Willing and able to work in a hot, humid, cold and noisy industrial environment
- Willing and able to maintain strict adherence to safety rules and regulations, to include wearing safety equipment.
- Willing and able to perform tasks such as lifting, walking, climbing, stooping, standing, pushing and/or pulling for up to twelve (12) hours a day
- Willing and able to work around moving equipment and machinery
- Willing and able to pull and lift, up to 50 lbs.
- Willing and able to work in
- Ability to safely and successfully perform the essential job functions consistent with the ADA, FMLA and other federal, state and local standards, including meeting qualitative and/or quantitative productivity standards.
Enviva is dedicated to the principles of equal employment opportunity (EEO) in any term, condition or privilege of employment. Enviva does not discriminate against applicants or employees on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, age, physical or mental disability, ancestry, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, uniform service member, genetic information or any other status protected by law. Enviva complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which we operate.