The Enviva team is driven by our shared vision for a renewable energy future. We are a fast-growing, purpose-driven, global energy company specializing in delivering sustainable wood bioenergy solutions. We are the world’s largest producer of sustainable wood pellets, which provide a low-carbon alternative to fossil fuels.
- Participate as an integral member of each facility’s management team, providing advice, coaching and leadership on all matters involving human resource matters. Anticipate HR issues as a result of long-range business strategies and partnering with leaders to create proactive solutions to keep up with evolving changes.
- Manage the following processes - recruitment and staffing, performance management, organization design, employee relations, leadership development, and corporate responsibility (core values, mission statement, and employment laws) to ensure consistency and a systematic approach.
- Perform risk assessments and preventative strategies to reduce the organization's exposure to legal and other employment risks
- Maintain high visibility at all locations in order to promote HR programs and assist management with effective line communication.
- Coach/mentor and provide direction to site Human Capital Leaders within the Region.
- Act as a resource person in the interpretation of employment law, legal contracts and policies relating to all aspects of human resource management.
- Manage workforce organizational design, restructures, changes and communication channels.
- Coordinates with the Human Capital Director and corporate HR team to ensure programs are consistent with established policies and aligned with Enviva’s culture and values.
- Represents the company on matters pertaining to its relationship with its associates, management and community projects.
- Advises local management concerning the Company’s responsibilities and liability under existing federal and local legislation or regulation as it pertains to associates and counsels with management regarding personnel and employee problems.
- Coordinates employee relations activities within the plants to acquire current information, discuss business problems and work out solutions.
- Maintains current knowledge of applicable state and federal employment legislation as well as HC practices.
- Where appropriate use qualifiers to clarify the task – where, when, why or how often
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Capital Management or related field or equivalent Human Capital experience and education.
- 7+ years human capital management experience required, preferable in a manufacturing environment with multi-site/multi-state facilities.
- Demonstrated ability to manage HC strategy, leadership and organizational development and change
- PHR/SPHR certification a plus.
- Knowledge of Lean Manufacturing/Continuous Improvement concepts (Lean & Six Sigma) desired.
- Proven knowledge of salaried and non-exempt workforce.
- Detail-oriented, with good judgment and prioritization skills.
- Capable of working independently.
- Articulate and professional in all verbal and written communications.
- Proven ability to maintain data confidentiality.
- Strong initiative and problem-solving skills.
- Must possess strong Microsoft Office skills (Excel, Word, and PowerPoint).
- Ability to simultaneously support multiple functions as required.
- Experience with HRIS systems, including report writing
- Ability to travel 50-75% of the time.
Enviva is dedicated to the principles of equal employment opportunity (EEO) in any term, condition or privilege of employment. Enviva does not discriminate against applicants or employees on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, age, physical or mental disability, ancestry, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, uniform service member, genetic information or any other status protected by law. Enviva complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which we operate.